redfire the other 3 stage paint color....

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I had a little run in with some freeway debris and had to have the front of the car repainted. I called the paint shop today and they said it would take a little longer because the redfire is a 3 stage paint. I thought the only 3 stage paint color was mystichrome.

learn something new everyday.

Tom

Last edited:

j080808

Established Member
I bought DuPont paint last week and it was basecoat/clearcoat, I wonder what the third stage is?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Its not really 3 stage. Redfire is a direct color (base) with a clear.

So...primer, base, clear...makes 3 I guess.

I can tell you that it won't cost you an arm and a leg. Its a direct, no-mix required Ford color.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
guess the paint shop is planning on screwing my insurance company. because that what they told me and USAA too. they add $450 to their original estimate for paint and prep.

j080808

Established Member
I have USAA, dont let them get away with it! I want my yearly kickback for too much money in the kitty!

But seriously, book time will show the insurance company exactly how long it should take. BTW, what else are they screwing the insurance company (and you) on, maybe its time to find a different body shop, unless of course its an honest mistake.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
guess the paint shop is planning on screwing my insurance company. because that what they told me and USAA too. they add $450 to their original estimate for paint and prep.

I have USAA too. Don't let them get away with that crap. We have a good thing going and I want to keep my rates as low as possible. Call these suckers out!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Before I shot my mouth off though, I would think a call to SVT or a reputable Ford dealer would be in order and double check your information. Then I would ask your shop to explain what they mean by 3 step. May all be a misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread