Red Fire - 2 stage or 3 stage paint??

Cobra_Tim

Established Member
How many stages is Red Fire? I've tried searching Online, but have gotten mixed results. I believe the color paint code is "G2"

Thanks,
Tim

oldmodman

Established Member
It's just a base coat & clear coat.

It is possible on a repaint to get fancy and use a tinted clear or even a gold or silver base, candy first clear, and two more fully clear. But then you are talking about some real money.

svtshadow

Banned
It's just a base coat & clear coat.

It is possible on a repaint to get fancy and use a tinted clear or even a gold or silver base, candy first clear, and two more fully clear. But then you are talking about some real money.

You lost me... Just when I thought I was understanding car language....

When I was getting my redfire painted, they said something about "Triple something" hence why it was a little expensive than regular paint.

Last edited:

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Oldmodman is correct. Red fire is a base coat/clear coat OE color. Going with a three stage system is a choice/option, as with all colors but will alter the color/shade. Mystichrome is three stage from the factory.

Cobra_Tim

Established Member
Okay that's what I thought because I had googled it and many people were saying it was a tri-stage, but I had my uncle look at his chip book and he said OE is 2 stage paint.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread