Red Candy or Sterling Grey?

Which color combo for 2011 GT with Brembo brake package?

• Red Candy with all black interior?

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Red Candy with Saddle brown interior?

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Sterling Grey with Saddle brown interior?

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Driver72

Established Member
Ordering my car tomorrow and I'm still not sure which color to get.
Love the Red Candy, but feel I'd need to go with the all black interior, which is a bit...well too dark and no contrast.
The Saddle Brown interior on the Red Candy may look strange (what do you all think)?

I also like the stealthiness of the Sterling Grey and with the Saddle brown interior it looks nice (would actually really like the Red interior, but hate the red steering wheel, not sure why Ford chose to make the steering wheel red). However the Sterling Grey doesn't "pop" either.

So what do you guys think.

Red Candy with all black interior?
Red Candy with Saddle brown interior?
Sterling Grey with Saddle brown interior?

DIB5.0

Established Member
Bring some color into the World. Already so many black and gray auto's out there. Have you seen both in person? Candy rocks in person in the sun light. Many compliments on the color.

Driver72

Established Member
Sterling with black would get my vote if it were on the poll.

Sterling with black...

I had all black in my GTI back in 2000 and it was like a funeral in the cabin. Too dreary.
In both my 335i's I had the saddle brown interior in them and loved it and go many compliments on it. I'd be at the gas station and people on other pumps would say, "nice car and love that brown interior" as I was getting out of the car.

But I like the red candy color A LOT too.
And that's the dilemma. Go for the color and more flash on the outside and deal with the funeral black inside, or go for the more stealthy SG outside with the more contrasty and fun interior.

Red Candy with Saddle may look to "funny" I'm not sure.

Come on all, help me decide, more votes please.

DIB5.0

Established Member
If you get the 401a interior you get the cashmere stripe and chrome accents really give the car a very nice interior for black. Not as dreary as the 05-09.

Driver72

Established Member
thats what i picked. :thumbsup:

Sweet.
I ordered the side and hood stripes too like the car on the 2011 Mustang commercial.
Usually not a fan of stripes, but these accent the Sterling Grey that looks a bit bland by itself. They add contrast and a bit of "aggressive" looks too.
The Saddle I loved in my BMW's and adds color and contrast to the interior too.

Also got:
Premium Pack
Brembo Brake Pack
6MT
3.55 axle ratio
HID's
Security System

too that on day one I'll add a Clear Bra and on day two tinted windows.

Driver72

Established Member
I voted sterling, but you should get a black interior with it.

Nah, ordered the saddle already.
I don't like feeling like I'm going to a funeral every time I drive a car. All black interior is just to deathly dreary for me.
But either way I agree on the Sterling, looked at the Red Candy again at the dealer on a V6 Mustang.
Looks really good for sure, but I like the idea of the "stealthy" look and don't want to draw too much attention to the Police since I have a tendency to drive 10-15 mph over the speed limit.

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Thinking of the 3.55's myself, cancel the HID's and corresponding Security Sys. Contact Oscar the HID Guy in SD, and save your money.
I have his system on my Term. for 1.5 years, Headlights and Fogs, good deal, good service, no issues. Is Saddle or Black the only interior options with Sterling Silver? I might pull the trigger on a new Vert. with similar options. What Dealer did you order it from??? Good deal??

Driver72

Established Member
Thinking of the 3.55's myself, cancel the HID's and corresponding Security Sys. Contact Oscar the HID Guy in SD, and save your money.
I have his system on my Term. for 1.5 years, Headlights and Fogs, good deal, good service, no issues. Is Saddle or Black the only interior options with Sterling Silver? I might pull the trigger on a new Vert. with similar options. What Dealer did you order it from??? Good deal??

I know I could save a bit by using aftermarket HID's but for warranty reasons and resale, I'd rather just go OEM. I don't have to worry about fitment and looks that way either.

You can get the Red interior too, but I hate the fact they make the steering wheel red too. WTF? Why a red steering wheel?
I ended up ordering from Sunrise Ford.
They weren't the cheapest on the USAA price (that went to Santa Monica Ford at $50 under invoice) so I paid $150 more than I would of at Santa Monica, but Sunrise Ford is the closest Ford dealer to me that participated in the USAA program.

Join the USAA at usaa.com first.
It's free, and easy. Then go to the new car price section and option out your car. Then "certify" the price lock in. They will contact the 3-4 dealers that are closest to you that participate and their price. Some match the price exactly, others are $50-$150 more.
The fleet sales will contact you and you go in to officially order the car.
No haggling, nothing.

Was the easiest new car purchase I've ever done.

midlife

Established Member
I know I could save a bit by using aftermarket HID's but for warranty reasons and resale, I'd rather just go OEM. I don't have to worry about fitment and looks that way either.

You can get the Red interior too, but I hate the fact they make the steering wheel red too. WTF? Why a red steering wheel?
I ended up ordering from Sunrise Ford.
They weren't the cheapest on the USAA price (that went to Santa Monica Ford at $50 under invoice) so I paid $150 more than I would of at Santa Monica, but Sunrise Ford is the closest Ford dealer to me that participated in the USAA program.

Join the USAA at usaa.com first.
It's free, and easy. Then go to the new car price section and option out your car. Then "certify" the price lock in. They will contact the 3-4 dealers that are closest to you that participate and their price. Some match the price exactly, others are $50-$150 more.
The fleet sales will contact you and you go in to officially order the car.
No haggling, nothing.

Was the easiest new car purchase I've ever done.

want to see pics when u get your 5.0

thanks for the pricing tips btw.

Users who are viewing this thread