Records Fall | A Look Back at ModNats 2021 | Make Plans for 2022 Now!!!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Records Fall | A Look Back at ModNats 2021 | Make Plans for 2022 Now!!!

Mod-Nats 2022 is right around the corner, and SVTP plans to be in attendance to bring you all the sweet coverage you’ve come to expect. And since we are so close waking up to the sweet smell of VHT and the sound of a tractor dragging the track, we thought it would be a good idea to take a look back at ModNats 2021. You still have about a week to make plans to make it to South Georgia Motorsports Park to check out the 2022 edition of one of the best Ford drag racing events of the year. We’ll see you there ::

ModNats_2021_002.jpg

All I can say is that you should have been there. We gave you a quick preview of what to expect from ModNats 2021 last week, but I’m here to tell you that the event exceeded all of my expectations. Though it was painfully cold at times for we Southerners, you could not have asked for better racing conditions. The mornings and evenings were both highlighted be negative Das. If you like racing in mine-shaft air, South Georgia Motorsports Park in November is the place for you.

Here's a general walk-thru of Mod-Nats 2021 event at So. GA Motorsports Park.

However, all that great air would have been wasted if not for the supreme track prep that took place. The prep crew brought in for the event were superstars. You know the track conditions are good when you people get stuck to the track, lose their shoes, and randomly fall over. It looked like a human sized sticky trap out there. And that’s not to mention the massive glue/snot strings hanging off the slicks. If you couldn’t hook here you’re not going to hook anywhere.

Terry 'Beefcake' Reeves gives us a look at his ride and talks about some of the smoking deals he can get you guys on parts.

There are a number of other Ford-centric drag racing events held around the nation, but I find that ModNats tends to have a greater concentration of cars and people I want to see than most. I liken it to the comparison between SEMA and PRI. If you’ve attended those two shows you’ll know exactly what I mean. ModNats is flush with power-adders and power-players.

RoadCone Terry Gives us a Rig Run-Down on 3.8L Whipple'd S550 @ ModNats 2021

Among some of the notable shops in attendance were VMP Performance, Beefcake Racing, HP-Tuners, Whipple Superchargers, Lund Racing, Johnny Lightning Performance, Steeda, Tremec, Palm Beach Dyno, Evolution Performance, SunCoast Transmissions, Modular Head Shop, and Bowens Garage. I’m definitely leaving out more than a few as well, and most of those shops were running at least one car in the various classes.

Speaking of classes, they are designed to push the limit of modern Ford performance while keeping the racing fun for the racers and entertaining for the attendees. The number of new micro-records and personal bests being set was quite impressive. I’m not going to give you a play-by-play of the event, because you really should have been there. But here are some of the notable wins/records:

Marty Balintfy – Turbo Terminator Stick-Shift – NPB – 9.02@161MPH

Lund Racing – Turbo S-197 – New 6R80 Record – 7.34@188MPH

Joel Steele – Turbo S-197 – Driver Mod Pro Winner – 6.84@209MPH

Bryan Crane – Whipple - New Terminator Stick-Shift Record – 8.51@160MPH

Scott Hasty – Whipple 3.8L S-197 - 6R80/10R80 Winner – 7.78@182

Dalton Winkler – Whipple 3.8L 2020 GT500 – New DTC GT500 Record – 2020+ GT500 Winner – 8.59@166MPH

Road Cone Terry – Whipple 3.8L S-550 – NPB – 7.96@178MPH

SVTP has sponsored ModNats for the last couple years, and this is one event I’m proud to be a part of. It’s a professionally run race that it designed with the racers in mind. The rules are simple and inclusive of every power-adder combination the Ford Powered community wants to see. On top of that, the promoters and racers/attendees raised over $7,000 for Veterans. Justin and the crew have built something special, and I can’t wait to see more great South Georgia racing action in 2022.

ModNats_2021_001.jpg
ModNats_2021_004.jpg
ModNats_2021_005.jpg
ModNats_2021_006.jpg
ModNats_2021_007.jpg
ModNats_2021_008.jpg
ModNats_2021_009.jpg
ModNats_2021_010.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
D4DCC2C0-0DAB-4621-9BA1-815D9B86DE78.jpeg

Good times.
Looking forward to heading down and trying to defend the title with my friend Scott Hasty.
Cya there Travis.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
GREAT photo, videos and interviews, Sid. That surely must be an awesome venue. If I was closer, I'd make that one in a heartbeat. Guys that DO get there in 2022 are going to have one hell of a time.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
GREAT photo, videos and interviews, Sid. That surely must be an awesome venue. If I was closer, I'd make that one in a heartbeat. Guys that DO get there in 2022 are going to have one hell of a time.

It's tough to beat the cool/cold weather there for making some seriously fast runs.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I picked up on that in your video. Can't beat the weather, either, this time of year.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Awesome pics. Fun to look at each car out of the hole. Stick axle vs IRS leaves the exact opposite. Separate vs squat

Users who are viewing this thread