Reconfiguring cooling system for supercharged hot rod

doristhechicken

Hi guys
This seems to be the place to go for help with the coyote engine.
I'm putting a edelbrock crate supercharged coyote into a factory five hot rod. This has a narrow engine bay and the alternator has to be relocated to a reverse mounted position out front.
The engine has a big tensioner on the right side of the engine where I would be mounting the alternator on a NA coyote.

The engineer at Edelbrock advised against using a suitable tensioner in the stock location (lower left near alternator), and suggested I move the thermostat housing and mount alternator there, so this is the route I am going.

Refer attached pictures.

I found adapters to eliminate the thermostat housing completely, however I do not want to do this and want to keep the recirculation Y-pipe configuration for various reasons (faster engine warm up and cabin heat for window defog). Basically I want to move this off the engine so I can mount an alternator where the radiator lower pipe would otherwise attach to the housing.

I am thinking I could do this using a couple of these adapters, one bolted to the water pump outlet and the other to the backside of the housing with a length of hose between, and then lengthen the Y-pipe hose to the engine and join this up with the housing.

Is this a good idea? Any reason this would not work?

Anybody know of any parts that would make this easier?

Front accessory drive as shipped, thermostat housing delete adapter in corner:

FEAD1.jpg

Alternator positioning, thermostat housing removed. Alternator is sitting on frame rails.

20171212_195941 (Medium).jpg

Engine side of the thermostat housing, would put another delete adapter on here:

20171213_174413 (Medium).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread