recommondations tires and etc.......

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
getting better have about 10 events under the belt and looking to get even better. 1st looking for a good tire for both autox and street (car not a daily driver) and some suggestions on suspension mods any thoughts welcome.

Wraith_2006

Established Member
Well I have had both nitto nt05 and the nitto 555's and they are both a great tire, the 555 has a better life span I will give you that much, but the nt05's are going to be what I run from now on. It seems that the Nitto NT05 are a great tire for both, however the lifespan of those is going to be much shorter lived then the 555 or a higher wear ratting tire.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I ditched the BFG KDW2's i had on my CTS-V and went with the NT-05's. I absolutely love them; cheap tire, good all around (decent in the rain, arent noisy, not a terrible wear rating) and won't drop you down into a race tire classing like some R-comps do. These things GRIP once you get them a little warm.

To compare; I run with the Porsche club all the time at their auto-x events. The event I ran back in November with my BFG's I was about 4.5 seconds behind an instructor with a miata on r-compounds (55 second avg course). My last event I just ran with the NT-05s on I was only 1.9 seconds behind that same instructor with the same car on the same tires. Not only that, but I had the FTD for the first two run session (3rd and 4th I started moving down the board a little). The only thing that changed were tires. I think they made a bigger difference than the other suspsension and brake mods I did (springs/swaybars,ss brake lines/ate blue flud).

Users who are viewing this thread