Recommended oil for supercharged Coyote

dave0704

Established Member
I have a 2013 GT with a Kenne Bell supercharger and I was told to use Redline or Amsoil 5w50 only by my mechanic. What do you guys run?

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
unleashedbeast may chime in, but to pull from his thread I believe the amsoil RD30 (10w30) is what is recommended for 600+hp engines, especially e85 users.

dave0704

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I don't drive the car often, only put about 3,000 miles a year. If I could get away with once a year that would be preferable. I also live in Phoenix Arizona where the temps range from the 40's in winter to 120 in the summer.

50blackout

Established Member
I have a buddy that has the Vmp Supercharger and runs Mobil 0w-40. He says it has excellent cold start up properties and good heat protection as well. Also I checked Mobil 1's website and their 0w-40 has a larger amount of zinc and phosphorous than their regular oils.

Another plus is that it can be found easily and it goes on sale.

burke985

Established Member
Amsoil sig series 5w20 for over a year and 10k miles 600+ rwhp and beat on it every chance i get with zero issues

Last edited:

cjd223

Established Member
I trust this guy's research. He knows more about oil than all of us on this forum combined. Not knocking anyone's favorite oil, but who has the largest staff of Chemical Engineers? Certainly not Amsoil or Redline. My money is on Pennzoil or Mobil.

jb15

Established Member
-50 weight oils are thick. usually run with race engines with .003 .0035 (loose) bearing clearances.
and takes away a bit of power to pump it, jus saying guys. 5.0's are prob. tight clearance like .0025 or so. not sure of that, rough guess with a production eng.
Be curious as to what weight oil folks were running with oil pump gear failure

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread