recommended forum ??

smilinjack

Established Member
Okay, here goes nothing. I have swapped a 408 Cleveland into my 95 Ranger. After totally transforming the chassis and drivetrain to accommodate this swap I am now dealing with the wiring change (from EFI to Carburetor). I have stripped the original harnesses and am now trying to piece together what I need to run this beast. My intent is to run everything thru the I/P fuse panel while eliminating the Power Distribution Box in the engine compartment. So, I'm thinkin maybe one of you "old school Mustangers" can lend some info to my cause. Perhaps some sort of "flow" chart showing a wiring diagram to an older carbureted Mustang. I've got the EVTM book for my ranger but 'Holy Crap' - trying to follow the elimination of an EFI system and using some of the original wiring is damn near impossible! My set up is out of a '71 Boss 351 with a toploader 4 speed trans so I thought maybe I could use some Mustang knowledge??? Anyway, I'd appreciate any help you all might be able to offer.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I think corral.net skews more toward what you are doing. Good luck.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think corral.net skews more toward what you are doing. Good luck.

Or possibly look at vintage mustang forums. They have a lot of knowledge over there from vintage mustang owners as you are asking to post up here. They have a specific build thread. Does not have to be a Mustang build either. So, you putting an older mustang drive train in your Ranger may be something they can help you with.

Good luck with your build.

Users who are viewing this thread