Recommended companies to have car shipped?

weider1717

Established Member
Folks,

I am in need to have a low mile GT500 shipped across country. It is a 4-5k mile car I’d like to have enclosed shipped and not rearranged once in place.

I am clueless where to start it looks to be all non direct and through “uship” type places online.

many help would be great I am trying to get things aligned and payment to the seller soon as I can for them, thanks!

buddha93

Established Member
You first need to know how the industry works, here's a pretty good summerization of it:

How Does the Auto Transport Industry Work?

I've used Pat at Ultimate Auto Shipping twice, last year most recently:

Ultimate Auto Shipping Services

He's a broker like most, the more your willing to pay, the faster it get's picked up on the boards. I shipped my 11' from NC to MO, enclosed for $950, door to door. Guy showed up with a custom enclosed 30' car hauler, had an Audi sitting in front of my car. He'll quote you a price, depending on the route, etc., you could get a hit in a day or 3 days.............just depends on if there is a driver heading your way already.

Here is a board they use for reviews:

Best Auto Transport Companies - Ratings As of August 2021 - Transport Reviews

weider1717

Established Member
Thanks for the quick replies to both of you. I will dig in more tonight with this Helps a lot!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I just went through this 40 days ago. 5 star reviews blah blah blah

You will not get a pin point date or pick up or drop off.

Best I got was Reliable Auto shippers (who came highly recommended), "We are 4-6 weeks out, we will call you when we are near your area."

And ALSO, if they send a local tow truck to get your car because they promised you an exact pickup date, chances are they are gonna store it in a shipping lot until they have a truck available to transport.

It inspired me to get off my ass and buy a truck and trailer. I find out weekly you gotta be self sustaining in this hobby nowadays.

Off Topic....2 weeks ago you were buying Whipple blowers, and now shipping a car? What ya get?

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Heres MONTWAY Auto Shippings fine print. Trash shipper no matter how many stars they have stay away.

I had paid for an exact pickup date. Truck never showed and I took the day off work.

They were gonna pick up with local company (to meet the agreed upon pick up date) than throw my car in a yard till they could get it to its destination. Even though it says days to travel based on milegae, they cant and won't guarantee it

Screenshot_20210803-173854_Gmail.jpeg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Reliable has always treated me well.

They probably do a good job and I really wish they could have accommodated me. But they don't give pinpoint pick up dates. Like I said, 4-6 week wait when I was on the hunt, not so long ago...June of this year

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They probably do a good job and I really wish they could have accommodated me. But they don't give pinpoint pick up dates. Like I said, 4-6 week wait when I was on the hunt, not so long ago

That must have been an odd time of year, maybe during Barrett Jackson or something. I've shipped with them 3 dozen times and they give me a one or two day pick up window.

PC03GT

Established Member
Check out Passport Transport as well. Just remember you get what you pay for

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Pebble beach is looming, MANNY reliable trucks headed to CA these days, likely why 4-6 weeks.

I have used many shippers, Reliable is my go to.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Reliable told me 4-6 weeks. Then with two weeks to go, they said possibly another 4-6 weeks. Really hard to deal with on the phone. Definitely some arrogant SOBs over there.

After wasting a month of my time, I went with a broker. From initial phone call to driving my new to me GT500, THREE DAYS. Had zero issues, not a scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread