Recommended & Best Products Sticky/Shared Spreadsheet?

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
I'm currently in the process of researching SVTPerformance threads (as always) to gather information for future projects and I came upon the idea that it would be extremely helpful for recommended products to be centralized in one location -- such as a sticky thread or a shared spreadsheet (e.g. Google Docs), just as Jimmy has his thread for oil recommendations and capacities.

While I don't have this idea fully ironed out (came to me just within the past hour), and I recognize that everyone would have their own product suggestions, I thought that it would help members to see what products are being used and maybe even reach a consensus for certain products as being 'the best'.

Ideally this would help others save time in researching the vast amount of existing threads and provide them with some basic information about the specific product and names/model # that they could Google for more specific information and for further research - hyperlinks could also be added.

Some examples that come to mind are:
- Fuel
--- Injectors (Manf, Model, Flow Rate, Cost)
--- Pump (Manf, Model, Flow Rate, Cost)

- Braking
--- Calipers (4 piston, 6 piston)
--- Rotors (Manf, Weight, Slotted/Drilled, etc..)
--- Pads (Brand, Ceramic/Semi-metallic, Use [Street/Track/Strip])

- Suspension
--- Springs (Manf, Rate, Use [Street/Track/Strip])
--- Bushings (Manf, Type)
--- K-Member (Manf, Weight, Cost)
--- Roll Cage (Manf, # Points, Cost)

- Cooling
--- Radiator (Manf, Size, Cost)
--- Radiator Fan
--- Heat Exchanger (Manf, Size, Cost)
--- Pumps (Manf, Flow, Cost)

- Electrical
--- Alternator (Manf, Amps, Cost)
--- Battery (Manf, Size, Cost)
--- Wiring (Manf, Gauge, Type (OFC vs CCA), Cost)

- Wheels
--- Manf, Model, Dimensions, Weight, Material

- Tires
--- Manf, Model, Size, UTQG, Use [Street/Track/Strip]

As this would be a community based project and database, it would require everyone working together to make it the best it could possibly be -- and as this current link is also available to the public, I hope that there would be no malice.

Here's to hoping that this idea takes off:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C1ZLMiQ8ihr9JGGsCSv3LTfPJmZR_CV3_35giXvexqE/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Good idea, there is no telling how many hours ive spent looking for the best or peoples opinions of the best. I guess it would still come down to personal preference but it would help.

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
I think your going to get a ton of mixed reviews based mostly on opinion. There are a ton of awesome products out there for these cars made by various manufacturers, even I couldn't label a "best" brand.

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
While there may not be a given 'best' product, I still think it would be nice to see what products others are using for any given category

Users who are viewing this thread