Recommendations new bed liner for 2012 Harley-Davidson

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t think there is such a thing as a good brand for a drop in, look into rhino lining or line-x. Water can get under a drop in causing rust under the liner that you won’t see. And they tend to warp a little. I have had a rhino lining in my truck for 18 years and it’s still holding up great

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t think there is such a thing as a good brand for a drop in, look into rhino lining or line-x. Water can get under a drop in causing rust under the liner that you won’t see. And they tend to warp a little. I have had a rhino lining in my truck for 18 years and it’s still holding up great

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

this, I would not recommend any drop in liner

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
When I was a kid we had a dually with a drop in liner. We pulled it out to clean underneath and there was some rust and lots of paint rubbed away. This was on a California truck too. I'd get a spray in liner. I have Rhino lining in my truck with some carpet for the dogs when they ride back there.

Fordflo

2012 F-150 HARLEY DAVIDSON
Established Member
thanks all for the comments...i am going to look into SPRAY bed-liners...going to look at SPEEDLINER, LINE-X, and RHINO spray liners...i'll be doing some research on these...i'll post before and after pics when all it said and done...thanks again

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks all for the comments...i am going to look into SPRAY bed-liners...going to look at SPEEDLINER, LINE-X, and RHINO spray liners...i'll be doing some research on these...i'll post before and after pics when all it said and done...thanks again

You will get what you pay for. Line-x I believe can put in a uv protection in so it won’t look chalky a few years down the road. You can get it in a harder or softer coat if you ask. Softer will have less sliding around of anything in the back but can wear a little over the years. Harder will definitely be more durable but stuff slides around a lot more. Mine is on the softer side and I would do that again. I have had the other setups but like this the most

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Fordflo

2012 F-150 HARLEY DAVIDSON
Established Member
You will get what you pay for. Line-x I believe can put in a uv protection in so it won’t look chalky a few years down the road. You can get it in a harder or softer coat if you ask. Softer will have less sliding around of anything in the back but can wear a little over the years. Harder will definitely be more durable but stuff slides around a lot more. Mine is on the softer side and I would do that again. I have had the other setups but like this the most

thanks for the tip...i got quoted 520 for a spray headliner...may get it done later this month...ill post pics...i cant wait...i just want to do it for rust protection mostly and i guess ill just have that protective coating for hauling stuff too
Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread