Recommendations for the cobra

Johnferris

Established Member
This winter I'm thinking about doing some mods to the cobra. Right now it makes 474rwhp and 490rwtq. I wanna port the supercharger and do a new tune and throttle body long Tubes and more. What else would you guys recommend to support. My goal is around 520- 550 rwhp.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
A 2.3 Whipple and 60 lbs injectors will make the car more fun than a barrel full of Monkeys

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You likely won't make 550 unless you go with a different blower. A ported blower on e85 might get you around 520-530 range.

Edit: keep in mind when running a ported blower, to maximize its hp potential you'll want to run a upper/lower pulley combo.

Last edited:

Johnferris

Established Member
You likely won't make 550 unless you go with a different blower. A ported blower on e85 might get you around 520-530 range.

Edit: keep in mind when running a ported blower, to maximize its hp potential you'll want to run a upper/lower pulley combo.

Yes I have the upper and lower pulley combo.and iv seen Cobras with stiegemeier ported blowers making 575rwhp.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes I have the upper and lower pulley combo.and iv seen Cobras with stiegemeier ported blowers making 575rwhp.

LOL you Kidding me! Let me race one of those and bring people back to reality. If that's the case most of us would have stuck with the eaton.

Either there adding nos or that's another HAPPY dyno.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Typicaly a maxed out ported Eaton will make between 530hp to 550hp.

Unless E85 is added to the mix that will add another 20hp or so. Ported Eaton's don't make 575hp or Twin Screw or VMP TVS numbers. It simply won't do it. The most mine ever made with the stock motor and all bolt-on's running a 2.9/6lb combo was 561hp and that was on race gas and 25*'s of timing testing on the dyno.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
This is too funny, I may show this thread to my tuner.

Johnferris

Established Member

Also thank you for your continuous help on all of my threads. I see you comment on almost all of my threads and help me out. This is my first terminator and I want to do it right.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It was on stiegemeier porting YouTube channel. I couldn't believe it my self. I was hoping for 520-550. I never heard of them going that high.

Just remember a dyno number is just that. A lot of places inflate dyno numbers to try and bring in more customers and make them look good. Don't be disappointed if you don't make 550 rwhp. If this was all to common I wouldn't have spent 7k+ on new blower and supporting mods to be where I'm at now. Good luck.

Johnferris

Established Member
Just remember a dyno number is just that. A lot of places inflate dyno numbers to try and bring in more customers and make them look good. Don't be disappointed if you don't make 550 rwhp. If this was all to common I wouldn't have spent 7k+ on new blower and supporting mods to be where I'm at now. Good luck.
Thank is true. Thank you for the help. I'll be happy with anything over 5 on the stock blower.

Woody6799

Established Member
Oh man... I am ported with a bunch of goodies and I'm only making 485! I'm getting screwed!!

Lol in all seriousness though upper only eatons knock on the 500 door, upper lowers a little higher. The 550 guys are built up to e85, uppers, lowers, and LT's and all the supporting mods. Some tuners do the dial-a-dyno trick so they have a happy customer, but power is just a number. I run a 2.76 with a ported Eaton and the car is fun, but I know my next step is Whipple/TVS. Don't get caught in the numbers game. Brady can attest to how much it truely costs to make big power, as can several other guys on here.

I have seen you all over these forums asking questions and that's great, but remember only half of what you read on SVTP is true the other half is an opinion, and 1/10th of what you see on youtube is real. If you want the real answers follow guys like 04sleeper, malcolmv8, UnleashedBeast, c6zhombre, and timspony. They don't inflate numbers to look cool and they have real, solid tech knowledge about these cars and this hobby in general. Their opinion is normally something worth listening to.

Johnferris

Established Member
Oh man... I am ported with a bunch of goodies and I'm only making 485! I'm getting screwed!!

Lol in all seriousness though upper only eatons knock on the 500 door, upper lowers a little higher. The 550 guys are built up to e85, uppers, lowers, and LT's and all the supporting mods. Some tuners do the dial-a-dyno trick so they have a happy customer, but power is just a number. I run a 2.76 with a ported Eaton and the car is fun, but I know my next step is Whipple/TVS. Don't get caught in the numbers game. Brady can attest to how much it truely costs to make big power, as can several other guys on here.

I have seen you all over these forums asking questions and that's great, but remember only half of what you read on SVTP is true the other half is an opinion, and 1/10th of what you see on youtube is real. If you want the real answers follow guys like 04sleeper, malcolmv8, UnleashedBeast, c6zhombre, and timspony. They don't inflate numbers to look cool and they have real, solid tech knowledge about these cars and this hobby in general. Their opinion is normally something worth listening to.
Thank you for your help man. I'm new to the cobra family and I'm just trying to get as many opinions as I can get. This page has been very helpful so far.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Perfect example of a smart thing to do exactly in this thread. Find someone you can trust and pm them with your questions. Some of us will actually spend some time on the phone as well which is always better to explain things. That way you find out exact answers from someone that's been down the same path as you. That's exactly what I did when I joined this place and it helps a lot!

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
My car made 525hp with a ported Eaton, BAP, 60LB injectors, Dragon TB, 2.76 upper and stock lower on 93.

I would pass on the headers, the stock logs flow really well till you start making over 650+ HP. Save that money and spend it on suspension, fuel system.

The biggest problem with the Eaton is as you spin it faster it looses efficiency, and starts creating lots of heat. Great blower but it has its place an limits just like everything does.

Good Luck

Kris

Black2010

Established Member
May I ask what your current set-up is? You're right at the power I think I'd like to be on our vert. I don't want to go crazy as I don't want to have to change the fuel system (mainly for cost reasons). Been thinking of selling our 02 GT and getting another cobra to really go crazy in. Just doesn't seem to smart to go to crazy with a vert though.

Users who are viewing this thread