Recommendation on dealer for warranty service?

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I'm in Ellicott City, I hate Apple Ford, sorry, no sugar coating that.

Never use dealers but want to get something checked on the car since I have a warranty & all.

Looking for solid service dept dealer any reasonable distance from me, or Frederick where I work.

Just want to get my brakes looked at.

Thanks.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I know back when they were selling as SVT's there were SVT Certified dealers & service departments. Is there still anything like that now I wonder?

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I know back when they were selling as SVT's there were SVT Certified dealers & service departments. Is there still anything like that now I wonder?

Yea, I remember that. My 2000 SVT Cobra had a valve tick & SVT sent and engineer out to the dealer & swapped the engine & trans and test drove the car with me when it was done. Incredible service and care. Now the service mgr at the same local dealer doesn't seem to know anything about a car, let alone an SVT.

We just bought a Jeep wrangler, for the wifey, it had a screw rolling around in the "body" that you'd hear starting at 2 mph, horribly annoying, and she took it in 5 times & every time they said it's nothing, it's fine, Jeeps make noises, etc., and were rude to her telling her to stop coming in, they don't have time for something that's not a real problem. When she finally told me this, I took the B pillar apart & found an assembly screw loose in the panel and rolling around. I avoid going up there for fear I'll stick that screw up something of theirs.

Finding good dealer service is like finding a unicorn. I'd drive to get it, if I can find it.

NickF1011

Established Member
Ugh. Apple Ford has never been great to me either. I've had good experiences with the service department at Bob Bell Ford, where I originally bought mine. It has been years since I've had the Cobra into a dealer for service though, so can't vouch for them recently.

gallantusmc

USMC Retired
Established Member
Try Koons Ford in Silver Spring. They are one of the few that have good ratings in our area. Had a connector for the rear defroster come loose. They parked the car by itself away from all other cars. They were really helpful. Tried to get Ford to replace the whole rear window since fixing the connector is hit or miss. Have other friends with Fords and that is also where they take their cars. I've heard bad things about Apple and Koons on Security Blvd, and they have horrible feedback online.

Users who are viewing this thread