Recommendation for a shop?

801SVTCobra

Hi All, new to the board. I have a 2001 Cobra, which, until recently, had a built Teksid with a single turbo and supporting mods. About 10 years ago, an injector failed, and melted a piston. I parked it, and got caught up with other things (grad school, marriage, kids, yada yada). During the lock-down, I pulled it out and hauled it to a shop in Salt Lake called Lyfe Motorsport. They pulled the block and sent it to CPR in Gardena, California. Since then, we decided on a build, and the owner said he would send me an email invoice for the deposit. After a month of waiting and calling, I have not heard from them. For a while, they answered and took a message, but now, they just let my call go to voicemail.

The last place I knew was Voodoo in Henderson, but it looks like the owner got arrested on some nasty child-molestation charges. I am hoping I could get some recommendations for shops within a 12-hour drive of Salt Lake City. I have a truck and trailer and am willing to make the trip for the right shop. I feel like Lyfe took a very "not our problem" approach with the engine builder, which is unfortunate and frustrating because they chose the shop to send the engine to. Call me crazy, but I'm hoping I can find a shop that will take responsibility for the hole in my engine well, and get the project rebuilt and tuned.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations, and thanks for having me on the board!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Do you at least have your car at your house? The only thing you don't have is the engine?

68gtscode

Established Member
Drew from AED (AED Racing) recently moved from Sacramento to Boise, Idaho. It looks like it's a little over 5 hours drive from you. I am not sure what Drew has going now as his focus is more towards race cars, but I recommend him without hesitation.

801SVTCobra

You're not new. You've had 2 previous usernames that have been banned by LL.

I was intemperate in my youth. I hope you'll consider a little maturity on my part may justify forgiveness. I'm a very different person today than I was years ago. I'm just here to get some advice for where to take my car to get it running again.

Users who are viewing this thread