Recommend me an electric screw driver

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Guys/gals,
In need of my first good electric screw driver.
Would like one easy to hold, light weight and perhaps one with different speeds so I don't strip screws.
Uses include taking trim parts out of cars, hanging curtains, shelves, etc...
Any ideas?
Amazon is a little overwhelming lol

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Go get yourself a Dewalt 20 volt LI drill / impact driver set. Pretty much do anything with that combo.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are you looking for a regular cordless screwdriver or a heavy duty unit? I wanted to replace my screwdrivers for the sake of convenience and speed (still use the regulars occasionally), so I bought an inexpensive battery driven screwdriver. I went with the Black & Decker Pivot Driver (VP810) powered by a rechargeable VersaPak battery. I like it a lot. Very light. Smaller size. And very inexpensive. $34.99 at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-VP810-3-6-Volt-Screwdriver/dp/B001HX57A2

shurur

Established Member
Milwaukee or makita are nice..but I think they are made in China now...contractors are saying quality has slipped.

I switched to dewalt..not as high end..but you can get your own parts and fix/refurbish them yourself..the new batteries go into (back compatble with) older drills as well..

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
I have been using milwaukee m18 fuel and the older m18. I also have a little 12v Bosch that's been pretty badass

jcthorne

Established Member
I can also recommend the Milwaukee FUEL 1/4" driver. I would recommend the smaller M12 unit as it is very compact and can get in areas you cant even use a normal screwdriver. It is VERY strong and the newer 2Ah RedLithium battery will generally last you all day.

I have owned and used Dewalt, Bosch (my second choice and still keep this one around) B&D and Hitachi. Milwaukee FUEL line blows them all away in strenght, durability and factory support. Each of the FUEL line tools I have purchased have simply amazed. They have completely replaced all my corded and air tools. They are better and stronger than the tools they replace and no cord or air hose. No compromise.

The regular Milwaukee line is mostly inline with Dewalt and Hitchi and Bosch. B&D, Stanley and Dewalt are the same company with B&D being the lower end home use line.

Users who are viewing this thread