Recommend Houston, TX shop, why are they do hard to find?

merkyworks

Established Member
Can anyone recommend a good shop around the Houston, TX area that works on GT500's?

My plan is to...
1. Get car dyno'd in stock form to establish a base line.
2. Install VMP Pulley, TB, tune and dyno car again.
3. Then in the not to far future replace clutch for obvious reasons.

I would like to do this all with one shop but don't want to use a shop that isn't familiar with our cars or doesn't have a good reputation. Thanks :thumbsup:

Van@RevanRacing

I've sent A LOT OF MY CUSTOMERS to Kinetik Motorsport. Mitch and Josh are very familiar with these cars and I gladly send my customers to them for quality craftsmanship and installations.

Van

railroad

Established Member
Is Brenspeed in Houston? They have one shop in Ind and another in Tx. They do very good work, sponsor and race their own car and the prices are good too. We went to Ind and had a very good experience with Brent and his employees.

deepblue13

Established Member
I make the drive to Orange to Triangle Speed Shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

94CobraPace

Established Member
Chris Car doc in Humble does good work, only one who works on my cars besides me. Call or go by and talk to him before pulling the trigger.
1920 Treble Dr Ste A1, Humble, TX 77338
(281) 540-7223

rickrubin2

Established Member
I would go see Patrick or Zach with psi motorsports I have done a lot of business with them and they have been great. They are currently getting me setup for a custom ground set of l&m cams. They have also tuned my 2011 and did a great job

Imatk

Established Member
I would go see Patrick or Zach with psi motorsports I have done a lot of business with them and they have been great. They are currently getting me setup for a custom ground set of l&m cams. They have also tuned my 2011 and did a great job

I would disagree. I've heard triangle is good but I have no first-hand experience with them.

Troponin

Established Member
I would disagree. I've heard triangle is good but I have no first-hand experience with them.
What are you disagreeing with, someone's good experiences with a shop? How does one do that? PSI is good. I know of a lot of racers and engine builders in this area that use Patrick. Someone tried/is trying to start a rumor that PSI was old news and no longer doing anything great. I call BS. I see their work regularly and they are great tuners.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I would consider these basic mods but with that being said, you can't go wrong with PSI, Kinetik or Chris Car Doc. I have experience w all 3.

Imatk

Established Member
Please do explain? I would disagree tells me nothing?

If you would like to PM me you certainly can. I don't want to get into what occurred publicly just offering a different opinion of PSI to the OP.

Imatk

Established Member
What are you disagreeing with, someone's good experiences with a shop? How does one do that? PSI is good. I know of a lot of racers and engine builders in this area that use Patrick. Someone tried/is trying to start a rumor that PSI was old news and no longer doing anything great. I call BS. I see their work regularly and they are great tuners.

Because I had bad experiences with this particular shop and I disagree that the OP should go there. Make sense now?

Troponin

Established Member
Because I had bad experiences with this particular shop and I disagree that the OP should go there. Make sense now?
It was just unclear what you were trying to say. Why not just send him a PM or say "I had a poor experience with PSI..."? Sharing your experiences isn't against the rules, as far a I know. The only other time I have heard of a poor experience was a "friend of a friend" kind of situation. I took it with a gain of salt. I am curious to know what issues you had.

Imatk

Established Member
It was just unclear what you were trying to say. Why not just send him a PM or say "I had a poor experience with PSI..."? Sharing your experiences isn't against the rules, as far a I know. The only other time I have heard of a poor experience was a "friend of a friend" kind of situation. I took it with a gain of salt. I am curious to know what issues you had.

I did just send him a very lengthy PM about it. No need to derail this thread with this.

Rick recommended PSI because he had a good experience with them. I didn't. No different than someone liking any other product or shop and someone else not having the same experience.

If you're really interested I can copy the PM to you.

Heck if you search this site for PSI you'll find some threads that are less than flattering.

Last edited:

fullboogie

Established Member
Go to CUNDN in Pearland. Cliff will take care of you.

I live in Pearland and never heard of that shop. Where is it and how long have they been in business?

Never mind - I was being lazy asking that question. Found their internet page. Not that far from my house...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread