Recommend a tuner for stock ECU Turbocharged Ford Contour

crewchiefpro

Established Member
I am looking for a tuner in Illinois or one that can do remote tunes. My Contour has a built 3.0 motor with the best forged parts we could find, we added a turbo and it runs great. It just needs a better tune over 4000 rpm. I have an SCT box to load tunes. It was tuned before but that person isn't really available anymore.

Here is the dyno sheets. This little DOHC V6 made 474 Ft. Lbs of Torque at only 3950 RPM at the wheels ! After that it gets ugly.

Today I added 3 degrees of timing over 4k using the parameters from the SCT tuner and it runs far better but the dyno isn't open Sundays. The HP should be well over 400 once it is tuned by someone who knows what to do. I believe it is perfect under 4k, with a torque curve almost straight up.

It is far too powerful for this little front wheel drive car but man is this car fun to drive. Nobody notices it at all, which is what I want. I have owned it nearly 10 years and it only has 72k miles.

goodsidepic_verysmall.jpgdynopull2016_peoria.jpgdynopull2016_large.jpg

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
I can't help u but that is one cool silver frost contour!!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Sharkbaithuhaha

Established Member
Try asking in tuning a la carte. This section is for time slips and dyno runs. That's a bad mother though.

Sent from my VIVO XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread