recomendations please!!!

kokileo

red svt
Established Member
Hi Im the proud owner of a 2002 red lightning svt bone stock with 42000miles on it. I want to raise the power level of my truck reliable and safe , so far I purchased an sct programmer for the truck, wich will require lots of tunning when all things are installed. I also have a jlt intake,tr6 plugs , and a 2.80 upper pulley wich Im thinking of replacing for a #4 lower fron jlpbecause is not installed yet . I was checking the exhaust side and came along to see the jlp complete system but its expensive and i dont think it would be worth it to install that system on my truck , what else you recomend not so expensive, I know the stock exhaust manifold is good for 500whp wich is my goal, i need to remove the cats obviously and i can also some sord of cat back system, dont want it to be loud i prefer free flow rather than noise i know noise is a by product but the best flow possible... last but not least i want to port my eaton but im not sure wich services to get for my application ,any advise!!! besides that traction bars etc what do you guys think and recomend...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by kokileo; Today at 09:36 AM.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
There's nothing cheap on these trucks if you wanna run 500Rwhp. This is pushing the threshold of the motor and won't be safe on a stock bottom end. It could last a week or two years. Id shoot for 450 and 475 kill tune. Buy a Whipple conversion kit along with supporting mods. Duall-wallbros, 60lb injectors, MAF, programmer etc, and gooooood tune. Talk to a reputable tuner and go through every step to make sure this won't be a waist of time.
Whipple will send you a 3.375 upper with the kit along with all of the top end motor stuff you need. It's going to be tough 500+ in that Puerto Rican heat it maybe.
My truck was bone stock with this setup and made 509rwhp/590? Mine motor lasted a little over a year before it vented the block. Also you might want to invest in a ICey resevoir or Kincaids cooling system for the intercooler to help keep your IAT temps down with your geographical location and heat.
Here's video of a Whipple Conversion kit on mine that made over 500 to the wheels on the stock motor.
Also be in sure to invest in a wideband air/fuel ratio gauge. Your gonna need it to monitor to see if your pressing your luck.
Pictured at bottom of pillar.
P6070668.jpg

P5010582.jpg

Here's video of a Whipple Conversion kit on mine that made over 500 to the wheels on the stock motor withe kit and Bassanni Cat back.
Dyno Wigginwilly 5-03-07 @ART video by ChrisLindsie - Photobucket
Dyno Event 5-3-07 WHipple @ART video by ChrisLindsie - Photobucket
P6160679.jpg

For traction:Go with longbars if your looking for traction and a good setup of drag radial/slicks...

Last edited:

kokileo

red svt
Established Member
thanks for the advise and is well taken, but i dont plan on changing the sc , the 500whp was a tease !!!because ive heard and read that the stock headers of these trucks are good for 500whp and i knew the most i could get with the stock sc and the mentioned mods where close to 400 to 450whp

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Get your SC ported, I've ported mine own and a few for other people. usually good for another 22-25rwhp and 33-40rwtq. Then go with a stock upper pulley and 8lb lower, MAFia, SB throttle body and you should be around 430-450rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread