Recieved my MBRP Race version 2

OveRBoreD

Established Member
First off want to thank Beefcake for another great product at a low price! On to some pics.

MBRP race version 2 catback by OveRBoreD302, on Flickr

Om nom nom

First impressions are good. I can't believe how big the 3in pipes are compared to factory 2.75's! Wish they came without the 2.75 neck down but hey a little cutting/welding can solve anything. All the welds and bends look great to my well trained weld spotting eye (sarcasm). Also, you can't go wrong with the double wall tips. Don't mind all the smudge marks I was much too excited to wipe them off. Install will be on Friday with vids to follow.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
First off want to thank Beefcake for another great product at a low price! On to some pics.

Om nom nom

First impressions are good. I can't believe how big the 3in pipes are compared to factory 2.75's! Wish they came without the 2.75 neck down but hey a little cutting/welding can solve anything. All the welds and bends look great to my well trained weld spotting eye (sarcasm). Also, you can't go wrong with the double wall tips. Don't mind all the smudge marks I was much too excited to wipe them off. Install will be on Friday with vids to follow.

nice!! post up some vids once it's on!

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Hey everybody sorry things take forever. Finally made a 20sec video giving the stang a few revs with the MBRP catback and twins. Hopefully I will have some rolling footage soon. Much sooner than this took to get up.

http://youtu.be/UzEN_Uo691E

Sorry my phone isn't allowing me to embed the video at the moment.

nosscort

Established Member
I have 3 buddies who have this exhaust and 2 are on 14's and 1 on an 11 and they all say it drones so bad.. Also the fit on all 3 is horrible.. Any input?

OveRBoreD

Established Member
It has a good bit of drone to it. Especially near ~2k. Anything before and after is pretty quiet. The turbos quiet everything down quite a bit so with a straight up cat delete it would probably be unbearable drone. The fitment was actually really good. Took a couple times working the exhaust around to clear everything. It doesn't rub or scrape anywhere. Good for a full 3in kit.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Sounds pretty good to me. I have dumps on my turbo 'yote and I debat going with a full 3" exhaust. I like how yours sounds

Gaudin Ford

Established Member
Ugh my exhaust has been a saga lol. The funny part is I'm not the type of person to do something, then go back and change it 3 more times. Soooo I had 3inch BBR off-road X pipe, stock OAP's and Corsa Xtreme's (which are a very free flowing 1 chamber).

I liked the sound (a touch quiet tho) and had zero drone but I knew there was more to be had at equal boost lvl's with a more open exhaust. So I decide to ditch the stock OAP's and Corsa's for SW retro-chamber 3inch catback. Horrid mistake!!! I lost power, lost peak boost (keeping BC untouched) added massive amount of drone, fit was horrible, couldn't get if off the PH brace, tips stuck out and the clamps were not right so the pipes literally fell off while I was driving mulitple times.

Thank goodness my Corsa's didn't sell in the few days I had the SW on the car. I went out and bought JPC OAP's 2.75inch and put my Corsa's back on. Fit was amazingly perfect, exhaust note improved 100times over my original set up and I gained .9lbs over the original set up. They made a huge difference.

Best part is that you can hear the turbo whirl through the tips but with stock OAP's you couldn't. Oh also picked up about 37whp from JPC OAP's over the stockers. Same dyno, similar weather conditions.

Once I put the pro-mod motor in the car I will keep this exact set-up but will add e-cutouts before the X junction on the straight part of the x-pipe.

btw this is torch;)

Users who are viewing this thread