Recent buyers...what have you been paying?

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
The ford close to me is asking for 21K for a gt's with those options. They have three of them that were suppose to be converted to a shelby but never made it. You might want to see if you can find any of those. Most of them are going to be an 08'

Yes, they have 3 of them...

28,160 - sticker

Shaker 500
IUP

Going for a grand or more below invoice, plus your 4k rebate.

Chewing away on a deal on one now, at 20,600.

carcrazyguy

Established Member
Yes, they have 3 of them...

28,160 - sticker

Shaker 500
IUP

Going for a grand or more below invoice, plus your 4k rebate.

Chewing away on a deal on one now, at 20,600.

Man that is a heck of a deal. The dealerships around here are still wanting sticker price and get bent all out of shape if you make an offer below sticker. I still am having a hard time with this whole ecomony issue. One would think if "car sales" were so far down these dealers would be wanting to deal a little more. However I am seeing just the opposite around here. They want sticker and if your not willing to pay it they pretty much show you the door.

Last edited:

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Man that is a heck of a deal. The dealerships around here are still wanting sticker price and get bent all out of shape if you make an offer below sticker. I still am having a hard time with this whole ecomony issue. One would think if "car sales" were so far down these dealers would be wanting to deal a little more. However I am seeing just the opposite around here. They want sticker and if your not willing to pay it they pretty much show you the door.

With less car buyers around, they want every dollar out of every customer... Only explanation I came up with.

I can and will just wait around until I find someone hungry enough to NEED to sell a car. The bottom line is I don't NEED to buy a new car. I tell them that from the start.

mikez

Established Member
Is invoice a good deal on a new 08. Dealer near me said they can do invoice with 0% or 4000 back, on a new loaded gt all options cept nav. So if i take the 0% it will be around 27,000+tax and stuff. That a good deal??

how much are dealers paying to get these cars?? they said they can't do less than invoice because they are loosing money?

carcrazyguy

Established Member
I still don't see invoice being a good deal on an 08. Invoice on an 09 would be a fair deal. But keep in mind the 2010 reveal is this week. So 09 sales might get a little slow (which means incentives will likely pick up). I guess I am still in the crowd that wonders how a (basically) 5 year old design is still selling for dang near 30k.

Anyone know what the "employee pricing" would be like on a new 09 Mustang GT? I saw a post that Ford has rumored to offer "employee pricing" starting next week???

Last edited:

David Hester

Established Member
Invoice is not bad for a car you really want. MSRP seems to be about 10% above invoice.
We just bought an '08 Lincoln for invoice less rebate from Ford.
Dealer gets an extra $700 for selling the car. Most dealers won't let you have the $700. (Invoice less $700 is REAL close to what they pay).
We did get the $4,500 rebates from Ford, though, so if we pay it off in 2 years like I plan, we REALLY did get the car for under invoice.
On the 0%. You have to decide if you are going to take the full 48-60 months to pay off.
My dealer looked at both ways.
0% you pay Invoice $35,000 (better than MSRP $38,600).
BUT if you can pay off early...
We got invoice less $4500 in rebates and paid $5,000 down.
5.99% interest for 48 months works out to $4,600...so we pay $100 more than invoice total.- would have been better to take the 0% and pay longer.
If we pay off in 24 like I plan, I only pay tad over $2,900 interest.
I save $1,600 under invoice.

Last edited:

carcrazyguy

Established Member
Employee pricing started today. I called the dealership that I had been talking to before. The same car that I was looking at before is NOW stickered at $29,300. So with the employee price discount it is now $26,100. Which is about $1300 cheaper than I was quoted before. Kinda strange how the car was stickered at $27k then and now it magically is over $29k.

PACETTR

Established Member
Employee pricing started today. I called the dealership that I had been talking to before. The same car that I was looking at before is NOW stickered at $29,300. So with the employee price discount it is now $26,100. Which is about $1300 cheaper than I was quoted before. Kinda strange how the car was stickered at $27k then and now it magically is over $29k.

MSRP wouldn't have changed.

carcrazyguy

Established Member
I have been working the dealer over trying to get a good deal. I have gotten a quote of $23,655 for a car that stickers at $27500. But I keep holding out seeing if I get the Dodge dealer to come off the sticker on the Challenger R/T. But so far...no dice!:bash:

carcrazyguy

Established Member
Any new/recent buyers?? I am still hagglin' price on both the Challenger R/T and the Mustang GT. Got the base GT deluxe (5 spd manual w/only option of GT app. pkg) price down to $23,600. Still trying to figure out where people keep saying they are buying GT's for $20k????

88lx24

I just bought mine monday a 2009 GT premium fully loaded execpt nav, and it has the glass roof on it too. It said 35,900 on the window got it for 27k out the door:banana:

88lx24

umm yeah found it on cars.com for 28,925 then plus 500 back from ford and I got a letter from ford saying they would give me 750 off most new 08/09 ford models .

PACETTR

Established Member
umm yeah found it on cars.com for 28,925 then plus 500 back from ford and I got a letter from ford saying they would give me 750 off most new 08/09 ford models .

Employee pricing ~ $31800

$500 Retail Cash
$500 FMCC Cash
$750 Private Offer

$30050

IF you bought it for that, it's a great deal, but it would be odd.

Plus, you live in TX, and "out the door" would have to include TTL...

88lx24

I just read my contract again and I got it for 27,400 Including TTL. It was not as hard as I thought it was going to be, at first they did not want to honor the letter I got from ford but in the end they did. This was at Big Tex Ford in Duncanville TX. They also have a 2009 GT Premium vert for 29,000 on cars.com also:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread