Recent buyers...what have you been paying?

carcrazyguy

Established Member
For those have bought new 08-09 Mustang GT's in the last few months, what kind of deal did you get? The car I am looking at is an 09 GT deluxe, cloth interior and 5 speed manual and the only option is the GT appearence package. The sticker is something like $27,400.

xxdmxx

Established Member
Back in December 2006 I got mine for $22k. Brand new 06 GT Premium w/ Shaker 1000 and auto(I think the reason why it was cheap). Sticker on the car was ~$30k.

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I just bought a 08 GT brand new. No options other than a silver dash. No shaker 500, leather, or fancy wheels. I got it for 21,990 and it is a 5 speed. The 09's where on the lot and Ford wanted it gone plus it had 300 miles on it when I bought it so I guess nobody wanted it until me. I love it. I wanted one in either Dark red or Dark blue and this is the Dark Candy Apple red. I bought it from Town & Country Ford in Bessemer Alabama. I don't know where you are from.

Chris

silverstang23

Established Member
For those have bought new 08-09 Mustang GT's in the last few months, what kind of deal did you get? The car I am looking at is an 09 GT deluxe, cloth interior and 5 speed manual and the only option is the GT appearence package. The sticker is something like $27,400.

The ford close to me is asking for 21K for a gt's with those options. They have three of them that were suppose to be converted to a shelby but never made it. You might want to see if you can find any of those. Most of them are going to be an 08'

ShawnyB

Street Veteran
Established Member
I just picked up an 08' GT Brand New -
Shaker 500 , Aluminum dash trim,Chrome rings on cluster, Leather covered door panels, My Color Dash and cloth seats - sticker was 27,990,I paid $20,000 !!!!!!!!! Brand New with only 12 miles on it. The large factory rebates def had alot to do with the price reduction. Purchased one month ago at a Ford dealer in Margate Florida.

narsh

Established Member
My 08GT was 26K with the lemans strips, steeda CAI, 90mm maf, 4.10 gears, and axleback installed though the dealership.

carcrazyguy

Established Member
I have talked to my local dealership once again. They are not coming off sticker at all. It is hard to believe that with current economy, a 5 year old design and an upcoming face lift that these dealers are not wanting to move inventory. I mentioned an offer around 22k for a GT deluxe with the only options being a 5 speed manual and GT appearance package and they basically said " Yeah right ".

Guess I don't want one bad enough now... I am not paying sticker!

PACETTR

Established Member
you should be able to get one for 5k off sticker (with 2k rebate)

I disagree.

There is not that much markup in the GT's.

Your final price will depend on where you live, as there are generally different incentives region to region.

Last month there was up to $5k in rebates on the 08 GT's. Currently there is $4k (southwest region).

carcrazyguy

Established Member
I paid $25K for my 08 GT/CS in Texas back in June.

I can't find a dealer willing to sell a base deluxe, cloth interior and the cheapo wheels for $25k.. Every dealer around here (Corpus Christi) is "sticker or leave" :shrug: I guess I will wait to see what the incentives go to when the 2010 model makes its public debut in 28 days.

Last edited:

PACETTR

Established Member
I can't find a dealer willing to sell a base deluxe, cloth interior and the cheapo wheels for $25k.. Every dealer around here (Corpus Christi) is "sticker or leave" :shrug: I guess I will wait to see what the incentives go to when the 2010 model makes its public debut in 28 days.

Got an 08 I can sell you.

White/Dk Charcoal, spoiler delete, IUP, Shaker 500

carcrazyguy

Established Member
I am really wanting a Torch Red but I could possibly settle for a Vista Blue. Also I do not want the IUP. I personally do not like the bright metal work on the dash with the IUP.

GTFlow

Freak of Nature
Established Member

I went to Tyler Ford in Tyler Texas back in early June.....They had a few deals there going on. I know I saw a used 08 Torch Red up there with the Ford Racing Whipple install out there for $26K but I doubt it's still there. Up here in MO they are letting them go between $26K - $29K that I have seen at the dealerships around KC area. They have some pretty good incentive deals going I guess.....but it is different in any city too.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Wow.. these are going for cheaper than I thought. Any thoughts on what a slightly used GT would be going for in the spring? I was thinking 20k before, maybe that's a little high? Man I would love to put more than half down!

Cornstang

Roll Tide Roll!
Established Member
I just ordered an 09 GT w/ glass roof option, premium, all upgrades except navigation (I will be stationed in Germany and Ford doesn't have European maps) and w/ the 5 speed for 33,9 and some change. I got 4K rebate through military car sales. So after all that, just under 30K for me. It will get dropped off at the delivery port in mid Jan and I will p/u late Feb.

Users who are viewing this thread