Receiving Phone Calls From My Own Number

RedDemon91

Established Member
So this has been going on for about a week now. My mom and I have both been receiving calls from each others cell phones, but neither of us are calling each other. Like I'll get a call from her, but she claims she never called me, and vice versa. I personally thought it was some kind of phone glitch but today my mom picked up the phone which she thought was me, but then someone started talking in a muffled voice she said and she couldn't understand what he was saying. Does anyone know what this is or what causes it? It makes me wonder if someone obtained our numbers and is calling disguised with it. First time it's ever happened.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Awesome!!!!! Will be using this link hardcore. I always have to call people from my cell that i do not want calling me back.

Good luck OP, Never heard of that type of scam but surprised it is not more common.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Awesome!!!!! Will be using this link hardcore. I always have to call people from my cell that i do not want calling me back.

Good luck OP, Never heard of that type of scam but surprised it is not more common.

But nobody is trying to scam them? :??:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
LOL number spoofing is nothing new at all. LOL at "phone glitch." There are several ways to spoof a number. It's even easier now that there are tons of phone apps and internet sites for it now. A lot of service providers are finally cracking down on this so you might be able to call your cell phone provider and have them look into it, although they probably won't and they'll just tell you to change your number.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Interesting. Last year I recieved a voice mail from my own phone number. It turned out to be a recording of a conversation I had had with my brother 2 years prior! THAT was some creepy ass shit.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I did this to my sister-in-law 2 Halloweens ago. We were sitting there at my mom & dad in-laws and prank call.com call her. She freaked out because the call came from her home phone number. Everyone there knew but her and we laughed but she freaked. I can understand you're wondering. Now to find out who's been screwing with you.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it was a case of a call coming from your phone to your mom and you didn't initiate the call, I'd say it could be a common "pocket" call where a button is pressed while the phone is in your pocket. I've had this happen a number of times from people's phones calling me and the person isn't aware of it. But in this case both you and your mom are getting calls from your own phone numbers. So it is likely someone "spoofing" around. Maybe a family member?

Users who are viewing this thread