Recaro vs Sparco...Who's best?

chuckstang

Established Member
Well, I am actually trying to decide between the 2 brands for an aftermarket seat for my 04 Mazda 6 which is my DD but the stock seats literally kill you and selling it is not an option because I would lose a ton of $$$$.

Im looking at the Recaro Sportline and Sparco Torino:

I am looking for comfort and price only but want something that looks somewhat stock inside a sports sedan.

Heres a link with pic and price for the Recaro: http://www.injectedperformance.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ID=1176&VID=92

Heres a link with the pic and price for the Sparco: http://www.injectedperformance.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ID=1380&VID=92

I did not see any info on what brackets and/or sliders I would need as well...any help on that or cheapest place to purchase would be great help as I hate spending money on my DD LOL

Thanks!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Recaro's will have the better materials, but Sparcos also feel really good. The biggest deciding factor is how YOU feel in them. Try to find a local place where you can plunk yer arse down in them and see.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
Cobra brand seats are FTW

cobra.misanoal.jpg

The Misano's are pretty sexy.

chuckstang

Established Member
How do you go about ordering the proper brackets and what not, many places sell those seats, but I cant find info on what I would need for my particular car.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
chuckstang said:
How do you go about ordering the proper brackets and what not, many places sell those seats, but I cant find info on what I would need for my particular car.

gotta call the manufacturer and tell em you want brackets for _____ seat in _____ car

chuckstang

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
gotta call the manufacturer and tell em you want brackets for _____ seat in _____ car

Ya thats what you would think. Have you been to Recaro's website! Not very imformative. Ill try just calling and asking where but I think most of these seats are not sold directly through the manufacter as well as the brackets but only sold at dealers, sorta like new cars????

I was hoping someone on here has bought one of those brands before and remembered where they got them from. I have heard some horror stories on here about members that got their Recaro's but the box was destroyed in shipping and damaged the product!
thanks!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Ya thats what you would think. Have you been to Recaro's website! Not very imformative. Ill try just calling and asking where but I think most of these seats are not sold directly through the manufacter as well as the brackets but only sold at dealers, sorta like new cars????

I was hoping someone on here has bought one of those brands before and remembered where they got them from. I have heard some horror stories on here about members that got their Recaro's but the box was destroyed in shipping and damaged the product!
thanks!

www.on-trackperformance.com

Vendor here, they'll set you straight..

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
chuckstang said:
The Cobra's are too much money but whats FTW mean ????
I've been looking into this too..
I found the Cobra seats to be at least half the price in some cases as the Sparco or Recaro seats.

If you are willing to shell out the $$$, you can order the 2000 Cobra R recaro seats directly from ford. It will run you close to $3K for both seats and i'm not sure if they come with brackets.

The cobra daytona's seemed like a great value for the price, IMO.

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Neverlift said:
I've been looking into this too..
I found the Cobra seats to be at least half the price in some cases as the Sparco or Recaro seats.

If you are willing to shell out the $$$, you can order the 2000 Cobra R recaro seats directly from ford. It will run you close to $3K for both seats and i'm not sure if they come with brackets.

The cobra daytona's seemed like a great value for the price, IMO.

Oops, just saw that the seats would be for a Mazda 6..

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
chuckstang said:
The Cobra's are too much money but whats FTW mean ????

For The Win

also i say sparco seats, ive sat in a set before and man they were extremely comfortable. i could easily make a trip around the nation and back in those

Users who are viewing this thread