Recaro Seats

carfixer

Established Member
Ive been looking at 2012 GT500's. I'm close to choosing. The only difference between the 2 I've selected are Recaro seats. Both similarly priced. I don't plan to race the car so Recaros aren't necessary but I love the look. My question is about comfort. I plan to take long trips from time to time, are the Recaro seats gonna be comfortable enough? How are they holding up? I had a '10 GT and those were comfy. These cars are out of state so I can't test the Recaros. Any input would be great.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Get it with recaro's. I think they are way better than my 09 seats were.

Not to mention look way better than originals. If you don't like them take them out and sell for more than you paid for them on the sticker of the car.

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
Get the Recaros. They are real nice, but they are more firm than the standard seats. You'll feel more of the road's imperfections with the Recaros. But as stated, if you decide you don't like them, you'll have no trouble finding a buyer.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I really haven't had any seat time with the standard seats, but if I had to do it over again, I'd still order with the Recaros.

AlanSVT

Established Member
A buddy rode in my car yesterday and he has a boss with recaros. He said he liked my seats better. Not sure what I like best. Both feel good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
I wish I got the recaros. You can't buy them later. And you'll make some money if you swap to regular seats from another member if you like those better.

I like that there's more head room with the recaros- the stock headrests stick forward quite a bit.

Blu-Steel

Established Member
I have an 2011 which of course didn't have an option for Recaros but I sat in a 2012 GT500 and a 2012 Boss 302 with Recaros. They both felt comfortable but the boss felt a little better because it wasn't leather. After sitting in all 3 any one of them feels fine to me and I think it becomes a matter of which style you like better and/or if you are going to race the car.

But if I were buying a new one I would get the Recaros if nothing else but to sell them later if I found I didn't like them.

wrc7732

03 SB SVT Cobra
Established Member
I drove a couple of BOSS's with Recaro's before picking up my '09 GT500. I liked the Recaro's in the BOSS, but I find my standard seats in my GT500 extremely comfortable. I've driven about 700 miles in the last week and the seats haven't bothered me once. I drove about 40 or so miles in one of the BOSS's and the recaro's were pinching my ribs a little. I'm about 6' 2" and 200lbs, so I don't consider myself to be a big guy. I'm happy with my standard seats.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I like the way the Recaro's hold you in the seat. Has a great sporty feel but on a long ride I think I would prefer the factory seats. When I drove to Evolution, 3.5 hrs one way. The factory seats were great. Very comfortable. Watched movies the whole way up and back and never felt uncomfortable or like I needed to stop and stretch. Like most said buy them, if you don't like them you can easily trade with someone for theirs and a few dollars. No loss anywhere

Users who are viewing this thread