Recaro seat swap?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
We're looking at picking up a 2013 ST for my wife to replace her older ZX3 (I have an SVTF).
She test drove it today, and likes it a lot. But...she's a little big to fit comfortably in the Recaros.

Has anyone heard of swapping them out for the somewhat broader Titanium seats? That would keep the heated feature.

Thanks in advance.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Thanks. That pretty much answers my question. I think there won't be an ST in my wife's future (but maybe mine..I love the Recaros :-D ).

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
What about base st seats for your wife?
Or get the fiesta st where you can get the other options without the recaros included.

Good question. I found out soon after that ST's were available without Recaros (none of my friends with ST's mentioned that).
But as we looked deeper into this, it became apparent that I wanted the ST more than her, and she may be happy with an SE.
Which means more money for me when it's my turn to mod/replace. :D

TRBO VNM

Good question. I found out soon after that ST's were available without Recaros (none of my friends with ST's mentioned that).
But as we looked deeper into this, it became apparent that I wanted the ST more than her, and she may be happy with an SE.
Which means more money for me when it's my turn to mod/replace. :D

Because you didn't talk to everyone you know with an ST. I have an ST1 that HAD the cloth seats that she would like. I ended up trading with some guys for the ST3 seats. I love the full leather recaros, power and heated. Easy swap out. I had to get the console harness and the titanium heated seat switches and it all went in easy.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Jason, I'd figure if anyone could make it work you could.
It was Mike's we looked at. I'd have loved it, even if we swapped seats.
But it didn't matter to her as much. She's still happy with the ZX.

Users who are viewing this thread