Recaro install aftermarket ?

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Looking for those who have put Recaro's in swapping for the regular seats. Looking for info on difficulty, tips, etc.

Looks like it's a 2 step deal, buy the FRPP Recaro's which run about $2700 and then leather seat covers for another $1,000 plus or minus.

Is the cover swap a DIY job? Anyone sell their original seats? How much did you get? Mine will be out of a '14, heated, not sure what they could sell for.

Thanks for any info.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
You can find a set of OEM leathers hear and there but not often.

Tob did a writeup on the install and leather swap. Check out his signature.

I think I saw you on 40 today, I was in my 150

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
You can find a set of OEM leathers hear and there but not often.

Tob did a writeup on the install and leather swap. Check out his signature.

I think I saw you on 40 today, I was in my 150

Thanks. Probably caught me making a canopy BBQ run, lol.

nhs156

Established Member
The Recaros are nice, but I don't think I'd spend the time, effort and dollars to upgrade if I hadn't bought them originally. If I were you, I'd stay stock.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I felt that way too until I actually performed the upgrade.

Awesome info, thanks!

I know it's not the smartest use of money, but man I love the Recaro's, and one of the cars I'm deciding on doesn't have them so .... can't say I'm famous for smart decisions about cars, lol.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Awesome info, thanks!

I know it's not the smartest use of money, but man I love the Recaro's, and one of the cars I'm deciding on doesn't have them so .... can't say I'm famous for smart decisions about cars, lol.

why dont you order a Shelby?

ryan319

Established Member
just find one, or order one with recaros. the $1600 option is definitely worth it. $2700+1000 plus the work of doing it is not worth it, at least to me.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I'm looking at 2 2014s now, one has it but is a vert and I'm not sure I want a vert. The other doesn't have Recaro's but has everything else & is the color combo I want exactly.

Both cars are almost $4,000 off MSRP. If I order, I have to wait & won't get a deal that good, I've been calling around for others but only interested in glass roof and several thousand off MSRP so that's limiting the choices.

I'm thinking if I sell the SVTPP wheels/tires and the stock heated seats, I'll have nearly $4K in hand, on top of the MSRP discount, that's plenty of change to put into some customizing, like doing Recaro's and maybe custom covers, intake & tune, maybe a stereo upgrade although both have the Pro setup.

phil123

Established Member
I'm looking at 2 2014s now, one has it but is a vert and I'm not sure I want a vert. The other doesn't have Recaro's but has everything else & is the color combo I want exactly.

Both cars are almost $4,000 off MSRP. If I order, I have to wait & won't get a deal that good, I've been calling around for others but only interested in glass roof and several thousand off MSRP so that's limiting the choices.

I'm thinking if I sell the SVTPP wheels/tires and the stock heated seats, I'll have nearly $4K in hand, on top of the MSRP discount, that's plenty of change to put into some customizing, like doing Recaro's and maybe custom covers, intake & tune, maybe a stereo upgrade although both have the Pro setup.

Haven't you lost the discount off MSRP by having to replace the seats? Seems like it makes more sense to order or find one in stock even if MSRP and get Recaro's stock.

Users who are viewing this thread