rebuilt motor MAF / fuel requirements

Dave.O

Established Member
Thanks for replies, I should also mention that the 99 tank is partially crushed. Looks like some previous owner tried to use it as a jack point. So it needs to be changed.
@brutal: is 03 twin pump harness plug and play into 99 harness? I have read threads stating yes and others stating wiring mods were needed
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Brutal Metal

Established Member
It is plug and play but a large % of guys that sell the 03/04 Cobra hat cut the wires so they can transfer the harness plug to an aftermarket hat..

Dave.O

Established Member
Ok, so if that is the case I should be able to use the stock 99 connector and splice it in assuming all the wires are color coded the same
As always thanks for the help

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I have a 00GT with a 99 Cobra 4V swap with the stock GT fuel system, Cobra 39# injectors and the bone ass stock airbox and maf including a paper filter. All I did was remove the screen. Car is tuned by James Gordon and pulls hard to 7500 whenever I want it to. Stock MAF and airbox is not restrictive and would be fine for 370. You just have to get a competent tuner. James tunes for SVT and Steeda. And not the Steeda canned shit either, their actual legit stuff.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Ok, so if that is the case I should be able to use the stock 99 connector and splice it in assuming all the wires are color coded the same
As always thanks for the help

Yes that's what I did, used the connector from my 99 and spliced it on the 04 cobra hat.

Dave.O

Established Member
370whp is optimistic. More like 340. All the little stuff adds up though. Ported lower and a 90mm maf.

give this man a cigar! he hit the estimate

update:
Just got this dyno'd 339/335 hp power band relatively flat from 4500 to 6500, shift at 6200

the engine is starved for air after 4500, obviously needs bigger cams

went with a roy cole (Roy at M1R) 10" ported short runner, 03 twin pumps have plenty left

Users who are viewing this thread