Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

dan1982

Established Member
You’re scorning the people who encouraged him to blow money on that car but you’re encouraging blowing money on a motorcycle and nitrous? This is almost as ridiculous a suggestion. The issue is not a cheaper way to go fast, the issue is establishing himself in life and being prepared to take on a cost burden of ‘toy’ ownership.
the hayabusa(gen1 anyway) would cost 2000 bucks... a project bike... the parts are dirt cheap. He COULD have some fun/ do allll his own work and not have to wait 10 years. stock pistons can be bought for 75 bucks a set. they made a shit ton of these bikes... they come cheap. i seen nitrous kits for 150 bucks. He would have to do allll his own work, but it would keep him busy and wouldnt break the bank. And also, it would be a challenge to get it workin and be fast. and CHEAP. selling what he has would fund the project. Joining psychobike2 on Facebook is where all the used go fast parts are sold. And buddy... he doesnt wanna wait till he is 35 years old to be able to have a toy, I offered a viable alternative.

Last edited:

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
EF7F231B-D2C4-4781-9C9D-4FA8543E7648.jpeg

motoo344

Established Member
Okay I’ve read this entire post and I have to chime in. You need to listen to the older wiser people, you think you know everything and you don’t. This entire tread is all over the place. You say all it takes is money and money can’t go to the grave with you but you realize what makes money? Your time, which is something you will never ever get back. This car will take away your entire 20s, maybe even half of your 30s just paying for it, with time working for money. Your time is worth the most in this entire world, and this car is not worth 10+ years of income. You need to focus on school and making as much money as possible, all while being happy. Take it as this: you work hard, learn a skill that is in HIGH demand, triple your income, this will actually be easier to do than rebuild this car, then when you are making $30-$40, that’s the time silly projects like this can make any financial sense. By the time you are realizing the value of a dollar, you will see that this is just plain silly, and then you will buy a good example of a cobra. Again your priorities should be, school, career, house, income, then toys. If you don’t do this you life will be very hard for you. I didn’t do things perfect either, I am 31. But let me tell you from experience that you what I’m saying is very important. Imagine paying $1,300 for rent right now. Now imagine that being $2,000 in 7 years. Then in another 7 years that being $2,500. That is exactly what is going to happen. The sooner you finish school, get a good career and get a house, the better your life will be going forward for toys like this.

I feel like a big driver these days of projects like this is youtube. I am not saying in this case specifically but there are a ton of channels that buy cars that have no business being repaired and they repair them. It makes sense for them because they make money, I enjoy watching it but would never buy something so far gone.

dan1982

Established Member
You're telling this guy to learn to ride on a liter bike...with nitrous
lol... he is grown. Maybe he has some experience. I dont know. A smaller bike could be had for even less money to just learn how to ride though. To be honest, some people have started out on a hayabusa and learned... but you are right, not a super great idea to LEARN to ride on. But possible. these bikes are dirt cheap, espescially projects that dont run. Ive been riding for 25 years so i didnt even think of that. i was 16 when i started... actually 15.

dan1982

Established Member
Just my opinion, but if he buys a nitrous busa, he might not make it to 35.
by the time he gets a 2000 dollar busa to fire up and just run itll be a few months. Itll be a 9 second bike by the time he laerns how to ride it. A stock busa motor with some good valve springs will happily take a 40 shot of the laughing gas.

dan1982

Established Member
Just my opinion, but if he buys a nitrous busa, he might not make it to 35.
by the time he gets a 2000 dollar busa to fire up and just run itll be a few months. Itll be a 9 second bike by the time he laerns how to ride it. A stock busa motor with some good valve springs will happily take a 40 shot of the laughing gas.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
If he was into bikes I’m sure he would have picked up a wrecked Hayabusa to piece back together. Telling someone who is trying to rebuild a mess of a car to go and get a motorcycle and throw nitrous on it, to me anyway, is ****ing stupid. Apples to oranges. He’s on a car forum, not a suicide jockey rydah with the homies bike forum. FFS

dan1982

Established Member
If he was into bikes I’m sure he would have picked up a wrecked Hayabusa to piece back together. Telling someone who is trying to rebuild a mess of a car to go and get a motorcycle and throw nitrous on it, to me anyway, is ****ing stupid. Apples to oranges. He’s on a car forum, not a suicide jockey rydah with the homies bike forum. FFS
Try to keep up here.... he is a YOUNG guy trying to learn and get a project going. He is broke..... he is young and doesnt have alot of cash to burn. he wants to have some fun and test himself and his abilities. Im offering an alternative so that he doesnt get MORE broke while establishing himself.... This cobra project is gonna require alot of cash/time and in the end its gonna be a early 2000s cobra. Some people stay broke their entire lives though and fail to understand stuff.

Last edited:

dan1982

Established Member
From what I've gathered, he is trying to build this car to showcase his skills for future projects, no?.. A project bike won't hold much weight when trying to convince people to let him work on their cars. Plus if he buys the bike, he will be dead.
he wont be dead. ive been riding since i was 16 years old(15 years old if u count all the parking lot/driveway miles.). im 40 years old now. Ive been in 2 big mishaps but walked away without any permanent damage. Riding is a SKILL. There is only one way to develop skills. Back on track and ...MOST IMPORTANTLY... he is doing this project as finances will allow.. aka ... one piece at a time. and it needs EVERYTHING. hunting down cobra specific parts WILL BE expensive and extremely time consuming.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Try to keep up here.... he is a YOUNG guy
I’ll try to keep up. I don’t want to keep speaking for the op, but I stand by my statement that suggesting a nitrous ‘busa is a poorly developed thought, which is a nice way of saying it’s ****ing retarded. I wouldn’t suggest a bike like that to a young guy who is trying to wrap his head around the concept of piecing together a basket case Terminator. The majority of advice here is to try and help guide op to a better situation, not make one worse.

1672143026931.gif

Last edited:

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Y’all need to back off a little bit. At least he’s trying and committed to doing something compared to most dead beat young people in this god-forsaken country.

Even if he fails, he’ll learn something. How many of us listened to wise counsel at this age anyway…I would venture to say very few of us. Give the guy a break. We have all said our peace and he knows it.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Y’all need to back off a little bit. At least he’s trying and committed to doing something compared to most dead beat young people in this god-forsaken country.

Even if he fails, he’ll learn something. How many of us listened to wise counsel at this age anyway…I would venture to say very few of us. Give the guy a break. We have all said our peace and he knows it.
Church

Users who are viewing this thread