Rebuilding The Terminated Cobra1FAFP48Y43F309694

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
This is gonna make no sense to most people, Anybody know where I can get 200 pounds of tungsten shot that won't cost me as much as the car.
Was thinking about scale weight and balance. Would like to try and shift 200 pounds from the front to the rear thinking of stuffing tungsten in the subframe. It's more dense than lead so I should actually be able to get 200 or close to it within the tubes. The problem is the nice stuff is $50 to $100 for a single 1lb bottle or bag. At 200lbs its impossible to do. Is there a way to get the weight without the cost of the nice premium stuff.

It should with the front end lightening shift the weight balance from 58.85/41.14 to 53.25/46.75

Last edited:

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
You want to add weight to the rear of the car to try to get the weight distribution closer to 50-50?
Yes, just pulling 200lbs put of the front will get me at a 56.41 it's something but is still more nose heavy then I want, this is the only way I can think of to not exceed the stock curb weight and fix the weight balance of the car without heavy modifications like moving the engine back further.

Edit 200lbs is optimistic it's more like 130 without moving the battery

Last edited:

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, just pulling 200lbs put of the front will get me at a 56.41 it's something but is still more nose heavy then I want, this is the only way I can think of to not exceed the stock curb weight and fix the weight balance of the car without heavy modifications like moving the engine back further.
Just some advice: why don’t you wait until the car is actually pieced together completely and then weigh it? You are focusing on more sophisticated “guesses” without having hard facts. The car might not be as unbalanced as your hypothesis suggests. But, if you put in an extra 200lbs into the frame, it will probably be a chore to remove it when you find out it wasn’t needed.

motoo344

Established Member
Just some advice: why don’t you wait until the car is actually pieced together completely and then weigh it? You are focusing on more sophisticated “guesses” without having hard facts. The car might not be as unbalanced as your hypothesis suggests. But, if you put in an extra 200lbs into the frame, it will probably be a chore to remove it when you find out it wasn’t needed.

This could be said for most of the ideas in this thread lol.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
Here's how to summarize this so far.

askhole.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Stephen king couldn’t make this up.
Hahahahahaha
Only if you want to be confused and irritated.

Kid bought a shell of a totaled car and thinks he's going to rebuild it.

Subscribe to my onlyfans
I kind of figured that reading just the first page.
This summarizes the entire thread.
Lol
Here's how to summarize this so far.

View attachment 1827536
Classic, saved for future use.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm almost afraid to ask him if he has an update since his last thread post on February 4! :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread