Rebuilding MT82 with AMP distributing parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass817

Established Member
Hey guys/gals. I’m about to pull the trigger with sending my trans out to a local repair shop and having them rebuild my 13GT MT82 trans with the kit from AMP Distributing. It has the larger input shaft and all the upgraded inter parts that’s are common to fail. Has anyone ran this rebuild kit with success. It’s pretty cheap and the trans shop is only charging $390 in labor. Just seeing if anyone has gone down this road with success. Thanks in advance.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Edit*

Stated I thought Ben Calimer used Amp, but he actually uses G-Force.

Last edited:

seabass817

Established Member
I think I’m going to go through with it. I’ll place my order soon. Need to find a clutch to work with it that won’t break the bank. I’ll keep y’all posted on how this goes. Hoping it’s not a big mistake.

seabass817

Established Member
Update and sorry for the delay. I’ve got the trans rebuilt with above stated parts (AMP) and so far so good. It’s tough to compare apples to apples as I also put a spec exedy clutch and meg race spec shifter in at the same time along with steel clutch line. Definitely a decent job to do but we got it done. It’s fully broken in now and hitting gears no problem. Only issue is going into second gear can be really notchy when cold. Like really notchy. However it seems to have gotten better. 1000 miles or more so far and I have no fear of the input shaft breaking since it has the big boy GT500 style one now.

Jebadias

Established Member
Thanks for the update. It is good to know our options. It would be great if you could repost occasionally on how the trans is holding up. I assume you have the stage 3 rebuild kit because you mention the GT500 style input shaft. Is this correct?

How much power are you putting through this trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread