Rebuild Koni Shock

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I was going over the 95R and found one of the rear shocks coated with oil. I have always heard Konis are rebuildable. Has anyone ever gone through this process? How does it work?

Thanks, Tom

1993R

Established Member
Tom,
you can contact Koni and send the shock to them and they can rebuild it for you.
There are a couple of racing teams that also will do them.
All R owners got screwed Koni used to rebuild for free but wont do it on the shocks supplied to ford for our cars. I checked years ago...

KONI NA | Locator

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Might suggest that if they are rebuildable, That you also send the other side (I'd probably do all 4, but at minimum in axle pairs)

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Koni does not warranty shocks supplied as OEM on any manufactured vehicle (the exception being the SVOs). So, zero warranty on these. I am going to call and see what they charge to rebuild them and report back.

Tom

1993R

Established Member
I was actually quite surprised how much it was when I checked a number of years ago.
I cant remember but i figured it was almost worth buying new.
I will be interested in hearing the current pricing.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I'm psyco about original parts, sadly, I would probably spend more on the rebuild than a non EXACT replacement.

I went through the same dilemma a couple of years ago. In the end I didn’t trust shipping my original parts. This was not based on any experience - I simply wasn’t willing to risk not getting my original parts back. If I could physically hand them over and know that I would get the original ones back I would do it. In the end I have replacements on mine with the oem in a box.

Users who are viewing this thread