Reasons, why you hate spec 3 plus.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
1. I have of one of these units. I have about 700 miles on it , with aluminum FW. Not all stop and go traffic breakin. But my car I don't know what it is . It feels as if you going to get bucked off a Bull. You have to get used to it but still Bucks at times. I let my brother inlaw drive it I was with him he was not used to it. He was bucks jerking all the time tske off shifting slowly in middle of a turn.
Is this normal? I can drive it. Buck still bucks back and forth embarrassing! !!

I wanta auto. Is this chatter am feeling and will it go away ever! Thanks ur reason ?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
You people like the spec 3 plus ? Is it supposed it be that jerky? Am used to it but still bucks and jerks at times. I ket my brother in law drive it with me OMG . He said I dont know how you drive this .lol

cj428mach

Established Member
My car has a spec stage 3 that came in it when I bought it. It took me a little time to get use to it but by the time I had the car home I was use to it. I like it, I'm kind of going to miss it when I get my new cobra.

Jcobra03

import reaper
Established Member
you just hafta know how to drive it. ive had a spec 3 in foxs,new edges ,and sn's, Its not a bad clutch but its not my first choice for driveability.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I mean it really jerky bucking especially shifting around corners and backing uo and going foward you really have to rev it up and slip it right?

cj428mach

Established Member
It sounds like you need to practice driving a stick. Either that or your car has cams or something else that is screwing with drivability. Having never driven a cobra with a stock clutch I can tell you mine does drive like a stock car and the pedal feel is great too.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I mean it really jerky bucking especially shifting around corners and backing uo and going foward you really have to rev it up and slip it right?

"Bucking" has almost nothing to do with the clutch and is more often than not simply your foot "bouncing" off the gas pedal after you've given it either too much or to little gas. Cobra's make enough torque and have enough vacuum that they should not buck at low RPMs. I've seen people start in 5th and not buck on factory Cobra's. I would assume you either are not used to driving the car or it is has been modified with cams ported intake etc. and the tune is not perfect for it.

Digital

Established Member
I had a spec 3+ and loved it, with alum fly wheel. It's all about the install and how you break it in.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
[often than not simply your foot "bouncing" off the gas pedal after you've given it either too much or to little gas.
Thats whay I was thinking also...it still has just a breakin tune on it. I have 700 miles on the clutcb and new motor. Still have some more miles to go ..Until I update. Thanks

QUOTE=Nightmare302;13592617]"Bucking" has almost nothing to do with the clutch and is more often than not simply your foot "bouncing" off the gas pedal after you've given it either too much or to little gas. Cobra's make enough torque and have enough vacuum that they should not buck at low RPMs. I've seen people start in 5th and not buck on factory Cobra's. I would assume you either are not used to driving the car or it is has been modified with cams ported intake etc. and the tune is not perfect for it.[/QUOTE]

BMR Tech

Spec 3+ and Spec Aluminum FW here.....love it.

The Spec 3+ is the best, most capable single full disk clutch available for all around use, so it may give some feedback, that is for sure.

Mine chattered for the first 25 miles, and its been excellent ever since.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
It.could. be tune. I had to cancel twice due to arthritis getting worst in. Cold Weather. That's why I really wish I had an automatic now

cobra=trouble

Established Member
On a stock cobra with Eaton does it have a "throttle return spring at the TB "or not ? Any pictures. I do have a very soft pedal only return I see the the spring made on it the aucfab TB its self ?

Last edited:

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I've got the 3+ and it's smooth as can be, no bucking.

Only complaint here is how heavy it is. Takes a lot of effort to actuate. Whenever I switch back to my truck with a hydraulic setup I just about put my foot through the floorboards.

03cobraracer

Established Member
im on my second spec 3+ theres always a little chatter when its new but it mostly goes away and you learn how to drive around the rest of it. no issues here....

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Well it was ok the other day. But am wo r kinf at a transmission shop now.i have bad arthritis at 330 I could long no longer move quick std out I couldn't drice tbe 28 miles home clutching over a 100 times of not more..

Users who are viewing this thread