Rear window tint done right in OC area

DSCobra01

Established Member
This past weekend at Knott's I was walking around our section going from car to car looking at the tint jobs everyone had on their Cobras. I'm looking to get mine done very soon and I wanted to get some recommendations of shops in the OC area. However, almost every car I saw looked like the installer did not do a very good job up top near the dot matrix. The two cars that I did see that looked clean had a black strip of vinyl covering the dot matrix and then the tint starting below that. This is the type of look I'm going for since I want to go for a darker tint all around.

Does anyone know a shop in this area that tints the rear using this approach with the vinyl over the dot matrix?

Thanks!

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
The red 03 10th cobra with, baer brake kit and silver enkei wheels is my old car. I had San Diego tint do it down here. Price was reasonable, and they used the vinyl on the top. Might be worth the drive

DSCobra01

Established Member
Great thanks for the heads up! If I can't find a place local here in OC that does it this way then I'll head down there.

Do you happen to remember how much they charged you and what brand/% of tint you got?

DSCobra01

Established Member
Anyone else have any recommendations in the OC area? I had my daily driver done by Sal's team at Perfect Window Tint in Santa Ana and while it has held up well, I don't like the way the dot matrix area came out. I'm going to contact them to see if they would be willing to do vinyl instead but, if they say no, then I'm trying to come up with other local options.

Thanks!

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Great thanks for the heads up! If I can't find a place local here in OC that does it this way then I'll head down there.

Do you happen to remember how much they charged you and what brand/% of tint you got?

I think it was $280? It's been awhile. I went 15% rear and 35% front I thinks. It's been awhile

PC03GT

Established Member
You have to ask for vinyl for the dot matrix, if not it's going to look like shit

DSCobra01

Established Member
You have to ask for vinyl for the dot matrix, if not it's going to look like shit

Yeah I guess I'll just need to call around to places and see if they are willing to do the vinyl in the rear window.

Unless anyone has any feedback, I'll just call the places I see on Yelp...

Perfect Window Tint - Santa Ana
Signature Glass Tinting - Costa Mesa
Tint Connection - Costa Mesa
Tint Windows - Costa Mesa
OC Tint Masters - Costa Mesa
Relic Tint Company - Irvine
OC Tint Shop - Irvine
Tint Perfection - Newport Beach
The Tint Pros - Huntington Beach

Users who are viewing this thread