Rear window leaks???

hostile500

Established Member
Hey guys so im just looking to see if anyone else is having this issue.
I have a 2015 F150 ecoboost.
The truck has around 31000 miles on it and i have gone through 2 sets of floor carpet and sound barrier. The smell of mold was outrageous about a year after first driving the truck home, i left the truck at the dealership for them to fix and get rid of the smell, they replaced the carpet and pushed it off as i left the windows open in the truck. Which i have never done. They said the floor channels were full of water and all the sound material in the floor was soaked.

After 2 months the smell was unbearable again so i just took the truck back, this time they had someone come in and check all the seals, come to find out the 3rd brake light and rear window seal was leaking heavily. They changed the carpet again but the smell of mold is still there.
Has anyone else had an issue with mold,leaking seals or water in the cab?

hostile500

Established Member
They said they just changed the seals. Not sure really how they can do that without pulling the actual window. The paperwork I got back doesn't show anything about changing the 3rd light. I'm wondering if I bitch enough maybe they will.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I have replaced the 3rd light assy on my 2004 because it was leaking.

I replaced the entire sliding rear window and seal (because of unrelated broken glass) and originally thought water was leaking from somewhere on the glass seal, but it did turn out to be coming through the light gasket/seal.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
They said they just changed the seals. Not sure really how they can do that without pulling the actual window. The paperwork I got back doesn't show anything about changing the 3rd light. I'm wondering if I bitch enough maybe they will.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

For a 2015, hell yeah

Users who are viewing this thread