rear window leak

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
I know there is a repair kit. Some 1999-2003 F-150 vehicles may exhibit windnoise and/or a water leak from the back glass area.
To service, order and install Service kit 3L3Z-1542052-AA. Refer, to the installation instructions included in the kit. It will also be necessary to obtain a tube of Motorcraft Instant Adhesive (TA-19) or equivalent for this repair.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
^^^^ It's a very easy swap and no more damn rattle from the slider. Some people love the slider. I hated mine.
DSCN3095.jpg

The hardest part is cleaning off the cab from the Butyl seal. It's some nasty stuff. another tip would be to cover your seats in trash bags or old blankets. The seal, if warm enough can spider web and it can go everywhere in a light breeze. If it starts to spider web, use a knife once the glass starts to separate from the cab to cut the seal. Your first time taking the glass out will take you around 2 hours like blownsvtlightning said.

Do enough of them and you can do them in under 45 minutes. I would recommend having a friend to help with the removal and installation of the new glass.

Users who are viewing this thread