Rear window Leak

Nerevarine

Established Member
Hey,

My 2000 Lightning is leaking out of the holes that are used to secure the rear window trim. Sadly the trim has become really brittle with multiple clips broken. Does anyone know where i can find that trim . I tried searching but it was out of stock on the ford part sites.

Jaceracer

Established Member
Hey,

My 2000 Lightning is leaking out of the holes that are used to secure the rear window trim. Sadly the trim has become really brittle with multiple clips broken. Does anyone know where i can find that trim . I tried searching but it was out of stock on the ford part sites.
Dude these are hard to find! I found one on ebay but it was an old style like a 98 model and I had to make it work due to availability issues. I cannot believe someone hasn't come out with an aftermarket version. I saw a overhaulin clip where Chip Foose got rid of the beauty ring and made it more modern with metal fill in and it looked awesome.

Dusten

Established Member
Dude these are hard to find! I found one on ebay but it was an old style like a 98 model and I had to make it work due to availability issues. I cannot believe someone hasn't come out with an aftermarket version. I saw a overhaulin clip where Chip Foose got rid of the beauty ring and made it more modern with metal fill in and it looked awesome.

The 97 and 98 are more popular as they're fiberglass and easier to sand and paint.

They aren't hard. There are 1000s in wrecking yards.

Users who are viewing this thread