Rear wheel spacers?

ruffneck

Established Member
I like the look of the factory wheels but they dont sit wide enough in the back. Are wheels spacers a good way to widen it? If so what width of spacers would ya'll recommend without rubbing or makin adjustments?

BTW, I have prokit springs with factory ISOs if it matters.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
1595201-oh_look_its_this_thread_again_super.jpg

Use the SEARCH FUNCTION, this topic has been covered numerous times.

forhead8605

Ooooohhhhh Noooooo...
Established Member
I like the look of the factory wheels but they dont sit wide enough in the back. Are wheels spacers a good way to widen it? If so what width of spacers would ya'll recommend without rubbing or makin adjustments?

I wouldnt...that's my opinion. Deff goggle this. It's everywhere. :D

ruffneck

Established Member
Aight so wheel spacers aren't the way to go... What would ya'll suggest on widening the stock wheels' stance?

srtsir

Established Member
Dont get spacers get 1 inch adapters if you want to go that route...Adapters are safer...

Black Cobra

Established Member

You can get a 10.5" deep dish 03 Cobra wheels in the 20mm offset that shouldn't require a spacer.

lrs-102671653_9330.jpg

This 17x10.5 Wheel weighs 24.5 lbs. The 17x9 version of it weighs 22 lbs.

postalbunny

Established Member
Is there a non deep-dish satin finish 10.5 with the 20mm offset that doesn't require spacers? I'm searching everywhere for this... All i can find is black, or chrome... or deep dish.

KILRSVT

Established Member
I have hub centric bolt on 25 mm spacer I've had no issues what so ever. Just make sure they are properly torqued

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
I have a 3/4" hub eccentric wheel spacer and it pulls the wheel out where i feel is perfect. It's not quite flush with the body but just close enough that the wheel can still tuck into the fender well if it has too. I've had it on my car now for two years with no issues at all.

Black Cobra what brand 10.5 wheel is that? It's one of the few non chrome versions i have seen that i like.

Icecold

Established Member
Ive used spacers on my 00gt and my brothers 96gt and now my 03 snake and ive always used blue "lock tight" and have never had any issues just torque them right and use the lock tight and youll be good ... i went with these 1in Billet Aluminum Mustang Wheel Spacers (Pair) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

on my stock rims/tires and they sit just inside the wheel well i dont have my wheel wells rolled yet either ... i would have liked to go a little wider but ill get wider tires. You also dont need the hubcentric ones due to our rims arnt hubcentric rims.

Just my .02

Sorry about the dirty pics.

P1120300.jpg

P1120299.jpg

P1120292.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread