Rear Upper Control Arm Video....You're going to want to see this.....

BMR Tech

thanks great info.
I think im going with the roush uca...

That is a nice system (Roush)

Just remember, if you plan on lowering the car - you will not be able to adjust your pinion angle. If you use a 1-piece DS, you will also not be able to hit the manufacturers spec for pinion angle, unless you go with DSS. Even then, I still like to see proper pinion angle.

If you lower the car, you will also not want to use any LCA Brackets - as the Roush UCA system drops the UCA mounting point down, already....so it really give you a short instant center.

:beer:

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
So with a one piece uca there is no way to adjust your pinion angle? an unsure what DSS is...
Thanks for the info and the heads up!:beer:

2014gttrackpack

Established Member
sorry, but can you explain this to me ( Roush UCA system drops the UCA mounting point down, already....so it really give you a short instant center.) :shrug:I was thinking Roush because it looks more simple to install... My wheels hop so bad it just want that issue fixed.
Thanks
My last car was an old Camaro...

06Bluerex

Established Member
Sorry to bump this thread up but i wanted to say thank you for the info. i have learned alot reading thru this thread and will be picking up a UCA and mounting bracket as one of my first mods.

New302

Established Member
Since this thread helped me, I'd like to share my experience. My 2012 BBP GT had bad wheel hop from day one, especially when cooler weather came around, totally stock with oe pirelli tires . ( ok it had mufflers) I installed oe size mickey thompson street comps once the pirellis worn down. They seemed to hook better however wheel hop was still very bad. I purchased the BMR upper mount and adj upper arm with the poly bushing and talked to kelly some about the set up. Installed per his instruction, even though Im not sure the pinion angle is dead on, there is no more hop under WOT. Plenty of wheel spin in cold weather but no damn wheel hop. There may be a touch under part throttle when its 40 degrees out and the tires are cold but its hardly noticable. I wish I would have done this mod a long time ago. Thanks for the thread OP and contributors. Thanks to Kelly for the info.

BlueCoyote

Established Member
My BMR upper and mount are laying in a box here waiting to go on later this spring. Glad it will cure my aweful WH. Thanks for the thread. Puts my mind at ease.

BMR Tech

If you REALLY wanna cure WheelHop, put this bad boy on your car. This is our new "Ultimate" UCA assembly. Nothing on the planet compares. ;)

1012310_892616060756066_5023548437092417319_n.jpg

BlueCoyote

Established Member
How much more nvh is there with a spherical vs the poly on the upper? I have all sphericals on my '02 drag car and it did make alot more nvh. I figured the poly would be best for my coyote as its a weekend warrior but now you have me second guessing myself.
NVH is not a big concern but what is making me second guess is the poly bushing longevity vs the sperical bearing. And like stated above by BMR tech, the difference in effectiveness of the 2.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

NVH is too subjective for me to make factual statements in regards to it.

All I can really say is, the increase of NVH going from stock to a Poly UCA (any company's) is more than the increase of going from a Poly to a bearing.

The important thing is, IF the UCA is installed and tightened properly...the bearing UCA is really not that bad. The mistakes people make are, A: Not installing and tightening properly / B: Setting the pinion angle completely wrong, or C: Installing a bearing UCA in combination with a Differential Bearing. C being the worst.....as it is horrible (clickity clackity, clankity clank)

If installed properly, the Bearing UCA will increase road noise, and increase any noise from the operation of the differential. It will also provide harsher impacts on surface imperfections (bumps, holes, etc)

Personally, I am not a fan of rubber or poly. My customer base is, as Poly Bushing parts makes up about 90% of our components sales. Nothing outperforms a bearing.

This UTCA033 is the best bearing option available. The larger the bearing, the longer the life and the stronger it is.

Last edited:

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Mr BMR Tech, which bracket should I use with UTCA018, I do get some clunking and I didnt think about the bracket when I Bought this Upper control arm. I have your lower control arms too. Car is lowered a little less then a inch atm.
Thanks...and sorry for the threat jacking.

Users who are viewing this thread