Rear Upper Control Arm Video....You're going to want to see this.....

13BremboGT

Established Member
Rear Upper Control Arm Video....You're going to want to see this.....UPDATED

Did this to try and get to the bottom of the wheel hop issues......

2013 Mustang GT M6 Brembo Package Wheel Hop 1 - YouTube

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop 2 - YouTube

:eek:

If anyone wants to send me an adjustable replacement, I will gladly do a before and after!

Enjoy fellas.....

Update: May 26, 2013

Made it to the track today to test out the new parts. They helped, but I'm still having problems.

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop 3 - YouTube

Update: June 2, 2013

IT'S FIXED!!!! I moved the upper control arm to the bottom position on the mount and reset my pinion angle again. Took it to the track again today and ran it about a dozen times. Wheel hop is completely gone. I was skeptical that it was going to make a difference, but it worked!

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop Cured 1 - YouTube

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop Cured 2 - YouTube

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop Cured 3 - YouTube

Last edited:

14GT

Banned
Did this to try and get to the bottom of the wheel hop issues......

2013 Mustang GT M6 Brembo Package Wheel Hop 1 - YouTube

2013 Mustang GT Brembo Package Wheel Hop 2 - YouTube

:eek:

If anyone wants to send me an adjustable replacement, I will gladly do a before and after!

Enjoy fellas.....

Forgive me, but this is common knowledge. The UCA is the only piece of the 3 link suspension that will allow or stop wheel hop. Wheel hop is from the axle twisting and letting go like a rubber band. Contrary to popular belief, LCAs do not stop the hop. They only stop the rear axle from wagging. But yeah, the UCA is the culprit here for letting the axle twist up then let loose.

13BremboGT

Established Member
Forgive me, but this is common knowledge. The UCA is the only piece of the 3 link suspension that will allow or stop wheel hop. Wheel hop is from the axle twisting and letting go like a rubber band. Contrary to popular belief, LCAs do not stop the hop. They only stop the rear axle from wagging. But yeah, the UCA is the culprit here for letting the axle twist up then let loose.

Yep, just wanted to throw some proof out there. If nothing else, it is entertaining to watch!

BMR Tech

Very cool video! We typically film these type of movements on all of our cars, I have never thought about posting them.

PM Sent!

Nuar

Established Member
Very very cool to see how the suspension behaves! Thanks for posting the videos man!

Last edited:

by9468840

Established Member
Awesome video.! I will soon install steeda competition adjustable UCA with poly bushings. I will try to make a similar video.

kingnut

Established Member
then don't go through the water box. Nobody needs to you dragging water out of the box.

Drive around it.

dude you could have pm'd him that bullshit. its off topic and there is no need for you to belittle the guy when he is trying to post helpful information.

OP great video man. i love seeing different perspectives. i would love to see the same angle with a whiteline UCA! whiteline should send you a free one to show their superior product.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Its amazing how much movement there is with the stock rear UCA.
I installed the BMR adjustable rear UCA back when the car was new. Nice piece and it works.

kevinp

Established Member
Common knowledge but man that thing moved around a lot, thanks for posting.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
GREAT JOB!!!
My car wheel hops BAD!!! I'm gonna buy an UCA. With the DSS 1-piece driveshaft, will I need an adjustable UCA or just a standard UPC upgrade?

13BremboGT

Established Member
GREAT JOB!!!
My car wheel hops BAD!!! I'm gonna buy an UCA. With the DSS 1-piece driveshaft, will I need an adjustable UCA or just a standard UPC upgrade?

It is my understanding that having an adjustable UCA is CRITICAL with a one-piece driveshaft so that you can set pinion angle.

This is a big part of the reason that I am going with an adjustable right from the get go. I want a lightweight one-piece BAD!

kevinp

Established Member
I tend to agree with you, but there are also a lot of folks out there saying that they "fixed" the issue with springs or LCAs or any number of other things.

That plus it doesnt happen much on auto cars so that muddies it up a bit. My 2010 GT500 had terrible wheel hop. and my '11 and '13 auto cars had zero.

Springs and LCAs can make some difference, unfortunately stiffer bushings in the UCA tend to mean more NVH but performance and comfort are always a bit of a tradeoff..

13BremboGT

Established Member
That plus it doesnt happen much on auto cars so that muddies it up a bit. My 2010 GT500 had terrible wheel hop. and my '11 and '13 auto cars had zero.

Springs and LCAs can make some difference, unfortunately stiffer bushings in the UCA tend to mean more NVH but performance and comfort are always a bit of a tradeoff..

I keep hearing this too. I guess between the give in the converter and 3.15s in the rear, the auto cars don't shock the drivetrain so bad? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread