Rear sway bar

eekkaann

Established Member
I have Ford performance handlingpack on my GT500. I just replaced the bushings at the rear swaybar. Quick question, eaven when I have tightened down the rear endlink with the two small screws the hardest I can you can still move the endlink quite easy. And when everything, including the bolt at the top of the endlink is tightened down they flex a few mm right and left when I pull it by hand. Is this normal or should there be no movement?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
If you replaced rubber with rubber, I think that's just how it is. There are a few possibilities with poly that will not have nearly as much play.

eekkaann

Established Member
so the small travel, side to side thru the bushings on the ford racing rear swaybar is normal?
Just bought the car and got the bushing kit at the same time. Doing some other stuff at the back of the car so I threw these in at the same time. Had the same kit on my old 07 GT but I can't remember how/if it moved....

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The sway bar will settle into position when you start driving the car. So long as the bodyside mounts are torqued properly, you shouldn't have any issues once it settles. If it gets squeaky, a small amount of lithium grease (lithium soap) into the bushing will help quiet it down. If you ever switch to a poly bushing set, you'll want synthetic chassis grease.

Users who are viewing this thread