rear springs driving me crazy!!!!!

b_dike

Established Member
Can't get my rear springs out!!! I'm tryn to install some H&R Race springs(fronts are done), but I can't get the A arm to lower enough for them to drop out.

Looks to me like there are 3 points on the A arm holding it up correct? I have 2 of them disconnected, the 3rd is where the sway bar links to it. I've started loosening the lower bolt but have gotten to a point where it just spins and there is nowhere for me to hold the opposite end to finish taking it off. The opposite end has some sort of gray plastic cover, doesn't look like it's meant to come off.... How did you guys get yours out?

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I just dropped the irs some it's only two bolts. Just make sure you a have supporting the diff so it doesnt drop too far. You just have to remove the bottom bolt holding your strut behind the rotor and the irs bolt up in the fender. Remove both sides and you shouldn't have a problem getting the springs out. Obviously make sure wheels are off both sides and removing the cat back makes it a little easier as well. Theres a few how to threads on here if you search though with pictures too.

b_dike

Established Member
I used the how to and search but I'm not to sure whats what... I will try this when I get home tonight... You said the IRS bolts are in the fender towards the outside?

Sry for the ignorance but I'm new to this car and I've never tried to work on the suspension of any car before. lol

Thanks for the replies.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Dude this is very easy to do. Unbolt the shock from the control arm and unbolt the IRS bolt. It's a large bolt connecting the irs to the chassis. Support the pumpkin and slowly drop it. The springs will drop right out! Very easy!

b_dike

Established Member
Dude this is very easy to do. Unbolt the shock from the control arm and unbolt the IRS bolt. It's a large bolt connecting the irs to the chassis. Support the pumpkin and slowly drop it. The springs will drop right out! Very easy!

Ya I keep hearing how easy this is. lol

shock is unbolted, and the IRS bolt is now unbolted(both sides). The pumpkin is supported, both wheels are off, and the catback is unbolted from the midpipe.

Drop the jack and nothing, just sitting up there. What am I missing here. Where else could it be hung up from???

b_dike

Established Member
Thanks guys old springs are out. Getting ready to install the new ones. And yes that did seem pretty easy... lol

Users who are viewing this thread