Rear shocks?

LastChance

Established Member
I have a 10th anniv. vert. w/ 5000 orig. miles & 615RWHP (I'm the 2nd owner- bought car w/4500 miles) & have been trying to get rid of the wheel hop since I bought the car. I have read the red pill & changed all bush. to either poly. or alum. & put on diff. brace. The car came w/ eibach springs when I bought it ( I dont know the spring rate on the rears or if eibach distinguishes between coupe or vert.?). The first time at the track I broke a halfshaft...ooops I think I should have let out of it. So now I am putting in level 5 DSS shafts w/ upgraded inners and H&R race springs & I am thinking about trying QA1 adj. shocks as well. Can anyone give me any input if they have used these shocks or if they think they will help or should the stiffer spring be enough? Sorry so long and thanks for any help.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
I have a 10th anniv. vert. w/ 5000 orig. miles & 615RWHP (I'm the 2nd owner- bought car w/4500 miles) & have been trying to get rid of the wheel hop since I bought the car. I have read the red pill & changed all bush. to either poly. or alum. & put on diff. brace. The car came w/ eibach springs when I bought it ( I dont know the spring rate on the rears or if eibach distinguishes between coupe or vert.?). The first time at the track I broke a halfshaft...ooops I think I should have let out of it. So now I am putting in level 5 DSS shafts w/ upgraded inners and H&R race springs & I am thinking about trying QA1 adj. shocks as well. Can anyone give me any input if they have used these shocks or if they think they will help or should the stiffer spring be enough? Sorry so long and thanks for any help.

You really need to add delrin UCA/LCA bushings too. My solution to prevent wheelop on my vert was steeda springs, 00R shocks, MM poly subframe, 14mm bolts, delrin UCA/LCA, alum diff bushings, PHP toe link bars, and irs brackets. My car will only hop very slightly (hopped terribly before mods) if its real cold out and I'm running 315 gsd3's on the street. I run MT radials at the track with no hop whatsoever. For a vert, I think you need all the red pill mods to stop the hop!

Users who are viewing this thread