Rear Seat Delete and Filler

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I bought a rear seat delete years ago and have always been bothered with the gaps under the bottom planks. I did notice an increase in road noise and interior exhaust drone. That being said I finally found some stuff that will help make it a little more quiet. It's a denim insulation similar to the stuff scattered throughout our cars from the factory. I bought a pack of six rolls through Home Depot online for $36. I thought I would make a thread and share. I think I will fill the empty void where the spare tire was.

IMAG0737_zpsmbw3ruv1.jpg

IMAG0739_zpshbdrn7c7.jpg

IMAG0749_zps8sxuxahv.jpg

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
My car tends to drone as well with my rear delete kit. I'm interested to see how well this works for you. Have you had a chance to take it out on the highway yet?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
My car tends to drone as well with my rear delete kit. I'm interested to see how well this works for you. Have you had a chance to take it out on the highway yet?
Not yet, car is and will be on jack stands till late May. It's a cheap way to to hopefully make a less noisy ride

mike69440

Established Member
From way Back

Sadly The Dogs have passed on, but the reinforced rear seat delete is still going strong.

I also added a sheet of 0.048" thk 6061T6 sheet to fill in the opening from the trunk riviting it to the perimeter of the opening to meet NHRA rules and as a firewall. it also stiffens the rar structure around the shock towers.

More Pick in next post.

Attachments

• Bubba&Armin_in_Mustang3a.jpg
    Bubba&Armin_in_Mustang3a.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Rear_Seat_Support _Blocks & Sound_Deadener.jpg
    Rear_Seat_Support _Blocks & Sound_Deadener.jpg
    980.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Rear_Seat_Support _Block_2.jpg
    Rear_Seat_Support _Block_2.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Seat_Underside_2.jpg
    Seat_Underside_2.jpg
    793.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

mike69440

Established Member
More rear seat detete pics.

Rest of Picks, this kit was just Masonite. i added reinforced hinges and marine plywood, epoxy and aluminum. I have a neat storage compartment for a small tool box and a change of chlothes and underwear.

Attachments

• Seat_reinforced_&_Aluminum_back_2.jpg
    Seat_reinforced_&_Aluminum_back_2.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Seat_Underside_3.jpg
    Seat_Underside_3.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Seat_Underside_5.jpg
    Seat_Underside_5.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 195

mike69440

Established Member
Not exactly leagal as no seat belts, but I can take human or canine passengers out for an Ice Cream Know and then. The support block at the corners make all the difference. A case of beer will break most "kit" Rear seat Deletes. Mine is quite sturdy.
I could always put tje seat belts back ank toss in a few pillow or put the OEM seat back in. However, the rear seat is so usless, like a GTR's
My Cubby storage is neat feature.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Not exactly leagal as no seat belts, but I can take human or canine passengers out for an Ice Cream Know and then. The support block at the corners make all the difference. A case of beer will break most "kit" Rear seat Deletes. Mine is quite sturdy.
I could always put tje seat belts back ank toss in a few pillow or put the OEM seat back in. However, the rear seat is so usless, like a GTR's
My Cubby storage is neat feature.

I agree, I still have room for a smaller pulley, belt and my tuner haha

Users who are viewing this thread