Rear end

old01cobra

Established Member
My buddy has a 2016 gt. Few years ago we did the full rear end bushing replacement solid aluminum diff mounts and he upgraded everything in the ford racing catalog sway bar links too halfshafts. It’s been fine other than how noisy that diff is with those bushings replaced till now. He’s got the ford racing half shafts. The right diff side seal popped out dumping diff fluid. Then the left followed. Replaced no problem. But when i went to do the right side earlier this year for him I noticed the right outside cv boot was torn. So he ordered the stuff up from GeForce and they said they sell them often and we installed the boot no big deal.

He does those crown rallies a Kentucky rally venom rally and he’s getting ready for the south crown rally tomorrow. So I was looking it over did the plugs oil tightened all his bracing and that right rear outside boot is cut open again in the same damn spot like a razor cut between the ribs all the way around it.

the only thin remotely close to it and touching it up in the air is the ford racing shock but the left side is the same and it’s never split like this. I see nothing more touching on our alignment rack when the car is settled on all 4. Only thing I’m not sure about is full load squat and hard cornering.

He uses this car salt flats dragons tail Joliet etc. is this normal with these ford racing halfshafts? The boots seam beefy especially compared to the Benz crap I replace all the time.

thanks at a loss hopefully someone else has had this issue

Users who are viewing this thread