Rear end feels loose 130+

Coyote1752

Hi all

Car feels down right dangerous 130+ on the highway. Mods are in sig (hopefully)
-MT82
-15x10 MT ET Street R
-Whipple 751whp/595 TQ

Any similar experiences?
Anything that can be done or just nature of the beast on the street with bias ply?

Thx

Jeff

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Do you have a bias fly front to match the rear? If not I 100% guarantee thats your problem right there.

In most cases you can get by if you have a radial skinny upfront. If you have a bias ply on the rear and a full size radial on the front It will be scary at high speeds. Sometimes if you run higher pressure in the rear it will help a little bit. However, general rule is front and rear tires should match.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Coyote1752

Do you have a bias fly front to match the rear? If not I 100% guarantee thats your problem right there.

In most cases you can get by if you have a radial skinny upfront. If you have a bias ply on the rear and a full size radial on the front It will be scary at high speeds. Sometimes if you run higher pressure in the rear it will help a little bit. However, general rule is front and rear tires should match.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have a 17x7 radial on the front. Thx for the info

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea u need sub frame connectors. My car did the same. Felt like it was floating. Fixed the issue.

Norm Peterson

Established Member
4" is way too narrow for a 215/55 tire. 6" is min-recommended, and you might be able to get away with running on 5.5" for short drives over a short period of time. I wouldn't ever suggest going narrower than that for 215-wide tires in street driving no matter whether they were radial, bias, or bias-belted.

Norm

Users who are viewing this thread