rear disc conversion

blownfox

Established Member

trendkilllx

Established Member
Are you running the longer 94-04 rear axles along with the caliper bracket kit? What Calipers are you running up front? I know alot of people have good luck with the 93 Cobra and 94-95 MC. Some have to upgrade the booster to a cobra or sn95. My setup is 2000gt/v6 front and rear calipers. I'll be running a 93 cobra booster and MC. I haven't tested it yet but it should work well.

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
stock axles. I am running 03-04 cobra calibers up front and 04 - 03 calibers out back.

I just ordered all the stuff from maximum motorsports.
BMC-4 - 94-95 cobra Master Cylinder will work with 79 - 95 V8 cars
MMBAK-8 - adapter brake line kit for the MC
MMBAK-6 - PP delete kit
MMBK8F- SS front brake lines
MMB29 - SS rear brake lines

thanks for the reply!

Last edited:

kbsonicstang

Owns 1 sick stang!!
Established Member
if you dont mind me asking, how much did all of this will cost when its all said and done? i thought about just buyin the whole kit from lrs (93 cobra, or SSBC conversion kit)

blownfox

Established Member
Sounds good. Are you going to modify the caliper brackets? The ones in that kit will stick the calipers out to far for stock axle. You would need these

Mustang 79-93 Rear Disk Brake Adapter Brackets For Cobra Caliper, Pair at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Or do this

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-rotor-8-8-rearend-5-lug-swapped-86-93-a.html

Here is the kit I order through LRS

Mustang 94-04 Rear Axle Caliper Bracket Kit by Ford Racing at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

I believe they are the same brackets.

Thanks for that other link. I like the all black look and it reminds me that I need longer studs! You don't happen to remember the size of those?

Last edited:

blownfox

Established Member
if you dont mind me asking, how much did all of this will cost when its all said and done? i thought about just buyin the whole kit from lrs (93 cobra, or SSBC conversion kit)

$830.00 that includes everything I purchased today plus its caliper bracket
Mustang 94-04 Rear Axle Caliper Bracket Kit by Ford Racing at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

$150 for 94 GT spindles

$500 for front brakes 94-04 Mustang Crobra Front Brake Kit, Gray Calipers by Ford Racing at LRS - Same Day Shipping! (the passenger front brake line will require an adapter fitting for the line running from the caliper to the hard line. Or MM Stainless steel front brake line kit will correct that). Adding a link for the adapter fitting http://www.maximummotorsports.com/index.html?http&&&www.maximummotorsports.com/content/home.php

$230 for axles

$1000 for wheels and tires

$25 for studs

right around $2600 with wheels and tires.

Last edited:

trendkilllx

Established Member
Here is the kit I order through LRS

I believe they are the same brackets.

Thanks for that other link. I like the all black look and it reminds me that I need longer studs! You don't happen to remember the size of those?

Just stock 99+ studs. Or so I was told when I ordered the axles from Moser. Let me know how your pedal feels. If I go up to the 13" Cobra brakes I may be puting my stock booster back on. May be too sensitive with the 93 booster.

Users who are viewing this thread