Rear differential support options

nw_rockhound

Established Member
I am looking to start replacing bushings in IRS from FTBR. Do I need the Isolated rear differential support and milled cover, or is the Deltrin rear support with Ford Racing cover enough? I am replacing the front support bushings at the same time with FTBR.

Car is staying mostly stock, definitely not seeing a track. Just spirited driving. I am trying to get away from wheel hop.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FWIW, I have the full FTBR bushing kit and depending on the surface I still get wheel hop occasionally. I also have subframe connectors with jacking rails and I run drag radials. I think the road surface has as much to do with wheel hop as the suspension itself.

That being said I would at least do a good aftermarket cover as well as upgraded diff bushings.

nw_rockhound

Established Member
Ok, Sounds like I should just drop the extra $165 for the Isolated rear bushing and milled cover. Can someone point me in a direction to more info on what the driveline angle should be and how to set it? Thanks!

phil a

Established Member
I’d recommend the lowering mount for rear diff like you’re mentioning. I wish I would have been steered that way the first time when installing their complete kit. Ended up 3deg out and needing to put that mount in anyway.

you can’t really set driveline angle. You can use the rear mount you’re talking about, then try and stack up as many spacers in the front diff mounts as is possible. That’ll make sense if you do the whole FTBR kit. Last, you can try and shim up under trans mount to eek out maybe 1/2deg for fine tuning.

shurur

Established Member
Ok, Sounds like I should just drop the extra $165 for the Isolated rear bushing and milled cover. Can someone point me in a direction to more info on what the driveline angle should be and how to set it? Thanks!

Setting Pinion Angle

Yup..do it now.

I have MM poly bushings on mine because the shop talked me out of having the MM AL bushing kit installed. I have been carrying around the MM AL kit since 2007!

MM originally did not allow for beefy Ford diffy cover, but redesigned theirs after FTBR came out with their own that would accommodate the Ford cover.

I have the old MM AL diffy bushing kit design, along with my oem cover and steeda cover brace that is used to beef that cover up.

Get the FTBR kit and the beefy diffy cover. Be done with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread