• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Rear control arms

Discussion in 'Suspension Modifications' started by 03SVTSTL, Oct 10, 2019.

1. 03SVTSTL

03SVTSTL New Member

Looking for suggestions on rear control arms for my 2003 cobra. I have found the kenny brown control arms but looking to see what else is out there that i can compare too. Maximum motorsports site is down and the moment but I plan to look there as well. Any other options?

TIA

2. 01yellercobra

01yellercobra AKA slo984now Established Member

Are you still IRS or are you running an SRA? If you're IRS I think Kenny Brown was the only one that made control arms. And to be honest I don't know anyone that has run them. Upgrade the bushings and call it a day.

me32 likes this.
  3. 03SVTSTL

03SVTSTL New Member

yes, still IRS. I think the upgraded bushings is what I'm going to do.

4. 03' White Snake

03' White Snake Well-Known Member Established Member

The only one I have ever seen run the KB arms is Bruce at FTBR.

5. keith89

keith89 Well-Known Member Established Member

And I believe they fit horribly so he had to machine custom one off bushings because the pivot points were not in alignment.

Blkkbgt likes this.
  6. Blkkbgt

Blkkbgt Well-Known Member Established Member

I remember that thread. Those arms were nothing short of overpriced garbage. Bruce had to machine special offset bushings to get them to mount up properly.

keith89 likes this.
  7. ac427cobra

ac427cobra FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM Staff Member Super Moderator

Back in the early 2000's when I was still pretty much a Greenhorn, I did buy the Kenny Brown IRS control arms for my 2000 Cobra R. There were multiple issues I went through with them. Here's a link to a VERY long thread and there's a bunch of trackdawg banter thrown in that thread you might want to ignore. But it covers all of the issues I went through with them including their rear hardmount modification to the rear subframe mount towards the end of the thread.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/why-i-never-had-much-confidence-in-kenny-brown-parts.257959/

I also did end up making Delrin bushing kits for the KB arms and there were hurdles there as well because the bushing eyes in the control arms were out of round and the eyes were not in align with each other. So steel sleeves needed to be made to go into the control arm eyes to make them round and make them line up as well with the assistance of an alignment tool to use before you tack weld the steel inserts into the out of round control arm eyes.

I have a bunch of upper control arm Delrin kits I just ran, but I think I only have one set of lowers left. I'm not sure if I even want to run another set of lowers but if there is enough demand then I might run more. Here's a link to the KB Delrin kit:

https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...l-arm-delrin-bushing-sets-another-run.745491/

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

me32 likes this.