Rear center caps won't fit

coremaster21

Established Member
Finally got my wheels on the car but the center caps will not fit on. Any ideas other than ordering a spacer for the rear?

2a07374d069fd75da1518bca567dba54.png

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

coremaster21

Established Member
It is just the rear wheels, really frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

coremaster21

Established Member
I'd call them and send them back. They machined the rears wrong (assuming your car's rear is not somehow modified). You should not have to do anything but bolt them on
I really do not want to do that if I do not have to. Another 3 months would suck lol. Would grinding down the shaft be a bad idea?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I really do not want to do that if I do not have to. Another 3 months would suck lol. Would grinding down the shaft be a bad idea?

I'm not sure....I know me personally being conservative, I hate grinding anything down on this car to make something "work". It might not be a big deal or create too much negative consequence, it's just not something I would do lol. I'd wait and send them back.

Others will chime in and tell you more than me what the grinding negatives are. Good luck.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I'm not sure....I know me personally being conservative, I hate grinding anything down on this car to make something "work". It might not be a big deal or create too much negative consequence, it's just not something I would do lol. I'd wait and send them back.

Others will chime in and tell you more than me what the grinding negatives are. Good luck.
I agree with C6zhombre , I would call them and if it is a mistake I would send them back.

bigmoose

Established Member
Finally got my wheels on the car but the center caps will not fit on. Any ideas other than ordering a spacer for the rear?

Small world. Met your neighbor in a class and got talking about mustangs and he told me about this issue. Good luck with the fix.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

coremaster21

Established Member
I guess I will call them up and see what they say then.
Small world. Met your neighbor in a class and got talking about mustangs and he told me about this issue. Good luck with the fix.
Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
What neighbor? What class? I am so confused lol

coremaster21

Established Member
Hmm, thats weird. That must be something unique to that D110 rim. I know my SP500s, the caps are identical on all 4. Doesn't matter where you put them, they fit the same.
Yeah, that is what I would've thought too. They said it had something to do with the caps being for a solid rear axle. Thanks for the help tho man, I was panicking.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
That actually worked out well. They will probably have the correct caps to you quick. At least you don't have to send the wheels back and wait another 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread