Rear bumper

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Anyone know of a company that makes the lower part of the rear bumper(black plastic) that comes without exhaust holes cut? Im open to even a slight change or oem minus the holes. Im going to be running dumps for a while and i hate having the empty hole look back there. It looked to me like it was 2 peices but i didnt get down to look just yet. Is it all one piece with the bumper or cant it be removed?

Last edited:

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
I believe it is one piece, about the only way you are going to achieve this is switch to a v6 bumper but obviously it wont say COBRA

Cobra03SC

Established Member
yeah thats what i found out when i took the time to look.. doh. Guess it will have to just have 2 holes.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Was thinking last night about somehow cutting a filler piece and maybe getting some vinyl wrap to hide it for now. I will probably eventually run a full 3 inch system but for now im just going to run dumps.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I was talking to my buddy about this last week until I also found out that it was one piece. Ever since someone posted a picture of a car with it on here I had been thinking about doing it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Body shop might figure out a way to fill them.
Cost $$ though.

Here is an option I found (in a 2008 thread) for the DIYer.

1. Buy a wrecked 03/04 rear bumper. cut out some patches from the lower black part of the wrecked bumper in a square shape.

2. Grind down the original cutouts on the good bumper to match the patches that you cut out of the wrecked bumper. Curvature should be around the same.

3. Get some bumper repair weld. It should be the black glue looking stuff and attach the patches. Don't be shy with glue.

4. It will dry in about an hour.

5. Get your sand paper and sand the dry glue down as smooth as possible.
Get a little glaze and smooth over thin. Wet sand with 2000 grit.

6. Prime, wet sand and paint matte or body color and your good to go.

P Weave

Established Member
Here is an option I found (in a 2008 thread) for the DIYer.

1. Buy a wrecked 03/04 rear bumper. cut out some patches from the lower black part of the wrecked bumper in a square shape.

2. Grind down the original cutouts on the good bumper to match the patches that you cut out of the wrecked bumper. Curvature should be around the same.

3. Get some bumper repair weld. It should be the black glue looking stuff and attach the patches. Don't be shy with glue.

4. It will dry in about an hour.

5. Get your sand paper and sand the dry glue down as smooth as possible.
Get a little glaze and smooth over thin. Wet sand with 2000 grit.

6. Prime, wet sand and paint matte or body color and your good to go.

Sounds like a really nice solution. Or if you can't find a replacement bumper just go to Wal-Mart and find something with the same thickness/texture plastic fill and bond and paint the whole piece to blend better

188slo50

Mustang GOD wana b
Established Member
You can use any bumper, just cut out a section that matches the same contour as the botto of the Cobra. Theres plenty of online places like eastwood and such that sell bumper repair/patch kits.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Found this picture.
py3yzy5y.jpg

2003snake

Established Member
How about some simple vinyl to cover the holes? We make the lower fascia wrap in carbon fiber, have the template with the holes cut out. One option would be to install a complete piece without holes cut out, or just cut perfect sized fillers with a lip to adhere to the existing bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread